Culture minister slapped by entertainer at public gathering

I’d hardly call not believing the government should be involved in every aspect of people’s lives an “extremely twisted world view.” The fact that you think so says more about you than it does about me or @Andrew0409.

So you are saying…you are an Anarcho-Capitalist ?, Jordan :grinning:

More of an anarcho-peon. :hushed:

Moving up , then ? :joy:

Upward mobility is overrated. :grin:

1 Like

I’m not sure about the history of Gaelic football specifically, but this is a perennial question, in culture as in biology. Why do humans go and extinguish another species and then wish they’d had the foresight to keep a colony alive in a nature reserve somewhere? :taxi:

Oh, land ownership solves it. 'kay, got it. :cactus:

If you only see benefits in monetary terms, you’re not seeing the big picture. It’s like paid sick leave. Oh no, we’re going to lose productivity! is 2nd wave thinking, with humans as cheap, easily replaceable machine parts. In more advanced 3rd wave management, employers care about the wellness of their employees because they understand the importance of retaining talent and so on.

Or a free art gallery. People just walk through and look at stuff. There’s no economic benefit! is, again, 2nd wave thinking. Art gives meaning to life and makes people happy and makes them want to live in a city where they can enjoy art and inspires them to be creative and so on is a 3rd wave improvement.

Sports in general also benefit the community and therefore the economy, though you need to step back and let it happen. (One particular sport vs. another one, that’s a different question, but I’ll give the people of Ireland the benefit of the doubt that they know what to do with their heritage.)

I’m not promoting or attacking the IOC, but I see a problem here: if countries should sponsor Olympic teams but not host the Olympics, who’s going to do the hosting? Set up a permanent base on Mt. Olympus? :mountain: :thinking:

Anyway, you’re not going to have state sponsorship without bureaucrats. Ditto air traffic control. Stop resisting the bureaucracy! Surrender and let it flow through you… :smiling_imp:

Okay, tell me about these seizures.

Fify.

In the 21st century, any country that wants to get anywhere can’t afford not to care about culture.

2 Likes

Only for three weeks! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Trump%20Great%20Great%20Wall

Sorry, I promise I won’t do that again. :innocent: Now back to Taiwan politics and Italian art seizures…

The Culture Minister Slapper is back! Now by throwing red paint at a portrait of Lee Teng Hui at his memorial.

What an immature lady…

2 Likes

Agree. An attention seeker… who deserves a worse punishment. Heck, Ghost Month is coming…

FB_IMG_1597460759070

Typing away after the deed is done:

Comrade, mission accomplished. Deposit RMB to my account at your earliest convenience. Hail Xi!

2 Likes

The charm of ROC diehards (I’ve seen these folks in action since the Chen Shui-bian years) never ceases to surprise me.

At least this one was wearing a mask. : P

Guy

Working in a government building, I am afraid these lunatics will one day escalate to bombs and other stuff. We already had one or two with gas tanks. One gathers they lack the cojones, but it is bad enough having the White Wolf and his cronies circling around the premises regularly.