Cunningham (R-Calif.) Joins Dishonor Rolls

Scumbag Cunningham pleads guilty to whoring himself out to defense contractors during wartime.

[quote]Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham (R-Calif.) resigned from Congress yesterday after tearfully confessing to evading taxes and conspiring to pocket $2.4 million in bribes, including a Rolls-Royce, a yacht and a 19th-century Louis-Philippe commode.

Prosecutors said Cunningham, an eight-term House member, “demanded, sought and received” illicit payments in the form of cash, home payments, furnishings, cars and vacations from four co-conspirators, including two defense contractors, over the past five years.

Cunningham, a member of the influential House Appropriations defense subcommittee and the intelligence committee, answered “Yes, Your Honor,” when asked by U.S. District Judge Larry A. Burns if he had accepted bribes in exchange for his performance of official duties.[/quote]

And it just gets more bizarre:

WTF?!? He feels upset because his cronies (friends) and fellow-beneficiaries (family) might feel that their trust has been hurt by his guilty plea. Well, whoop-di-doo. I guess they’ll miss the rides on his luxury yacht, cruising for hookers in his Rolls Royce, and taking a crap on his antique $7,200 toilet.

The man has no shame whatsoever. If he were even the slightest bit genuinely sorry for what he did, the “most important” loss would have been the trust of the poor American citizens suckered into voting for this leech in human form.

Update – when I started this thread, I didn’t realize that “whoring” was going to be literal. Check out the sex scandal that’s a-brewin’:

[quote]According to the U-T, Wilkes also “ran a hospitality suite, with several bedrooms, in” DC – “first in the Watergate Hotel and then” in a Capitol Hill hotel.

Come again? A “hospitality suite with several bedrooms”?

Talk about raising more questions, including:

– Why does a lobbyist need a “hospitality suite with several bedrooms”?

– Who uses those bedrooms and for what?[/quote]

However, for Cunningham, I’m sure this was just “business as usual.”

The RNC approves of Cunningham’s activities so much that they deny he’s no longer a congressman … and offer the heartiest of birthday wishes!

Funny thing is that if you go to Cunningham’s website, he calls himself “Honorable”. Sensible Americans would call this guy a “disgrace.”

Why would defense contractors be interested in how a congressman votes?

Why would defense contractors be interested in how a congressman votes?[/quote]

Seriously?

New plants opening in a certain district; or closing. Jobs. Money for the community. Taxes revenues…etc.

I must step forward to say Randy “Duke Nukem” Cunningham is (was) my congressman as well as my dear brother’s. I and my brother vote in the 50th Congressional district of San Diego.

“Big Duke” was beloved in the Big Navy Town and (former) business headquarters of General Dynamics. (G.D. took their bomber death planes factory to Arizona about ten years ago when the Governor of Arizona, not Sandra Day O’Conner, some other Arid-zona governor, told G.D. they would not be bothered by pesky labor/safety code bullsh*t if they moved to AZ, so they did.).

And so it is a sad day in San Diego as “our man” in D.C is no more. We now have no congressman (and probably won’t till mid year next year) and those wonderful defense contracts of which there are now so many (part of Emperor Bush II’s grand “War(s)=Profit for My Cronies Plan”) will fly, fly away to other less deserving towns and hamlets.

My brother (who is a very minor defense contractor with the US Navy) cried so hard over the phone that tears started to run out of my handset. Between sobs he lamented at Duke’s minor oversights being blown out of proportion by the FBI and those liberal Federal Prosecutors of the Southern District of California.

On a side note, Duke is an outstanding example of the fact that being a war hero does not mean anything other than you were a war hero. War hero status is unrelated to honesty-brains-fitness to govern.

But every cloud has a silver lining. I now am using Duke’s misfortunes as teaching material in all my criminal law classes. His plea bargain makes very interesting reading.

On a closing note, although I am not a religious man, it threw me into a complete rage when that piece of human garbage (my ex-congressman) got on nationwide t.v.; did the standard boo hoo, (which does not really bother me) but then…as some icing on the hypocrisy cake…he begged God to forgive him. I thought to myself, you sorry fuck*ng piece of shit, to play the “God card” and use Jah’s name as a “press conference prop”.

Oh well, politics at its media best.

take care,
Brian
President of the Duke Cunningham Fan Klub

Despite the best efforts of the Republicans to derail this investigation, Cunningham has received an eight-year, four-month sentence in the pokey. He’ll likely get a thorough presidential pardon, a cabinet posting and (when caught with his hand in the till again) a Freedom Medal.

“Duke” sets a new record.

[quote]Cunningham, choking up as he addressed the judge, focused on accepting blame.

“Your honor I have ripped my life to shreds due to my actions, my actions that I did to myself,” he said.

“I made a very wrong turn. I rationalized decisions I knew were wrong. I did that, sir,” Cunningham said.[/quote]

The scumbag has no shame whatsoever. He’s still whining about what he did to his life, but he still doesn’t even care about what he did to the nation or even his constituents. Last time around, he was whining about the impact of his adventures upon his cronies and fellow-beneficiaries. Cunningham should’ve gotten the maximum.

Why would defense contractors be interested in how a congressman votes?[/quote]

Why? How about in exchange for $90 million of illegal government contracts? The scum-bag Congressman is already serving his 8 year prison term. But one of the people who paid him off was just convicted.

[quote]A defense contractor was convicted Monday of bribing disgraced former Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham with cash, meals, trips and other gifts in exchange for nearly $90 million in Pentagon work.

Brent Wilkes was convicted of all 13 counts against him, including conspiracy, bribery, money laundering and fraud. He faces as many as 20 years in prison in a corruption scandal that has rocked Congress.

The Pentagon contracts Wilkes received after lavishing Cunningham with more than $700,000 worth of perks were mainly for scanning paper documents, prosecutors said.

Cunningham, an eight-term Republican from California, pleaded guilty in 2005 to accepting $2.4 million in bribes from Wilkes and others — including antiques, boats, a used Rolls Royce and cash to pay the mortgage on his mansion. From Wilkes he received everything from cash to submachine gun shooting lessons and the services of prostitutes during a stay at a Hawaiian resort. . .

Wilkes, 53, had steadfastly maintained his innocence since being charged in February. He sat stone faced, then shook his head slightly as jurors returned their verdict. . .

In a separate federal case, Wilkes is charged with offering a job to former CIA Executive Director Kyle Foggo, a childhood friend, and treating him to luxurious golf vacations in return for help getting contracts.

Wilkes’ lawyers have said their client was simply being generous to an old friend. Both men have pleaded not guilty to 30 counts of fraud, conspiracy and money laundering. No trial date has been set in that case.[/quote]
ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gRUh … QD8SNPJJO0