Current best places for foreigner in Taichung?

So I’m a recent arrival in Taichung, and am wondering; where are the recommended places for foreigners to go? I really enjoy live (rock!) music and playing pool - are there any good foreigner-friendly places that support either of these activities?

Have visited The Londoner but found it has now shut down. Also been to Soho Street twice, which has Fubar and PJs Irish Pub. This whole road seemed very foreigner centric, but it seemed to be mostly young male sports fans (i don’t really like sports) and everyone was already sitting in groups - it’s quite scary to just join a table if you don’t know anyone! Also I didn’t see any Taiwanese there both nights I went - would be nice to go somewhere where I could actually mix with locals as well as ex-pats.

Anyway recommendations for good drinking establishments and live music venues please! Cheers!!

For music and mixed company, the Refuge.

Most people I talk to in Taichung seem to say they’re leaving the city on the weekends now. Agree with the Refuge, but it’s a drive away. Still, it’s a nice place and you won’t run into constant noise complaints. Being outside the city also means the new Nazi government might leave it alone.

I’m encouraging people to hit Changhua instead. :-p

Have added The Refuge on Facebook, looks good, perfect in fact - except it’s pretty hard to get to. Will try and go to its Lovestock event.

Other than that, still looking for music and pool veneues - but in the meantime, Soho street is decent for foreigners i guess.