Current process for renewing marriage based ARC?

Hi-
I was wondering if there is any update to renewal for marriage based ARC. I am planning on applying for renewal in person at NIA next month.

I know i need to have a photocopy of of my current ARC and my US passport. Does anyone know if I have to have the US passport photocopy verified by the US TECO office in NY? Or can I do it all in Taipei through ministry of justice offices? It always seems like the process is different every time I apply.

I don’t know how you got the idea that you need anything like that. What you do need besides your passport, ARC card, and photo is a “hu ji teng ben” household registration thing dated within the last three months. You can easily get one at a household registry office.

Not necessarily required, I was able to renew just with passport.

For a marriage ARC? It’s always been required for me. Things do change though

I’ve never had to show my household registration except during the first application

I just called them out of curiosity. The guy was right on it. In addition to the usual suspects, he said you need your spouse’s ID card and front/back copies of it, and your rental lease if you rent. The ID card is new as far as I remember, and I asked about the huji tengben. He said they don’t use that anymore and just use the ID card.

Why do you need a rental lease? Our lease is in my wife’s name.

That’s ok that have your wife’s name/ID anyway.

They want to be sure your address is accurate.

I just renewed mine about 2 months ago at the Banqiao NIA. If I recall correctly I just needed my current ARC, passport, and the wife’s ID card. I actually forgot to bring the wife’s ID card. Instead of making me come back they just looked up her number and was able to verify we were married that way.

what is the procces for people living overseas? I will be in another country, I just renew when I come back again?

or reapply if that is after the expiration of your current one.

In my experience it is really difficult to reapply remotely. The TECRO office will be no help. When I did it before I I had to verify some documents at tecro and then send everything to a Taiwanese agent with power of attorney who took it all to NIA.

Anybody do this process at the household registration offices? Getting to Banchiao is a PIA.

ARC is an Immigration matter, hence you must go to the NIA.

Was wondering whether one can maintain a pre- existing marriage based arc even after relocating overseas.

Could one renew in Taiwan, get a three year extension and then move overseas, only coming back to renew three years later or does one have physically reside in Taiwan for 183 days etc…

If you can have an arc whilst overseas, does that also mean bank accounts in Taiwan can remain open?