Currently best cellphone in terms of camera

Nominations please. So far, my pals recommend SONY Z models have the best camera. But it seems Samsung is not that bad overall. Since I am using pictures for work, and the cellphone is the most practical/handy/fast, best resolution rather than how many filters/selfie capacity it has is more important. How about HTC’s? Something you can buy now, though.

Iphone 5s or 6 for camera speed, apps etc. is hard to beat even if its sensor is not as large as some of the the Sony offerings, but if are on Android, maybe check out the new Galaxy S6: theverge.com/2015/3/31/83121 … comparison

Just buy the Sony Z3 phone. It’s enough.

Sony is attractive because it is resilient and waterproof -my ASUS did not like the mountains in Canada- and yes, Samsung is also quite trustworthy -plus has big font for us elderly.

IPhone no muchas gracias. Much appreciative, but nope.

[quote=“Icon”]Sony is attractive because it is resilient and waterproof -my ASUS did not like the mountains in Canada- and yes, Samsung is also quite trustworthy -plus has big font for us elderly.

IPhone no muchas gracias. Much appreciative, but nope.[/quote]

You can buy a ‘wireless’ charger for the Sony Z3, it has a wire to power it tho, but you just buy the Sony Z3 charger and the phone cover that goes with it. No hassle when charging, just put it down on top of it.

Second Xperia Z3. It’s cameras functions well even in extremely low light situations.

8PM at night in a small alley without streetlights, taking a snap of a very shy stray cat (been feeding her for a year) hiding under a car.

The quality in typical low light situations, such as under the seat of my car to take a snap of my cat hiding there, is amazing, but I didn’t get that copy.

[quote=“hansioux”]Second Xperia Z3. It’s cameras functions well even in extremely low light situations.

8PM at night in a small alley without streetlights, taking a snap of a very shy stray cat (been feeding her for a year) hiding under a car.

The quality in typical low light situations, such as under the seat of my car to take a snap of my cat hiding there, is amazing, but I didn’t get that copy.[/quote]

Normally it has 20 something mega pixels, but when using custom settings it will adjust accordinly to lower resolution to get optimum pictures.

They also sell lenses for the Sony phone, now that sounds like an interesting toy.

The ‘lens’ is actually a camera, all-in. It just uses your phone as a viewer through wifi or NFC, there is an app that can be downloaded on your phone to control the external camera (lens). They have 2-3 different models, depending on what you want. And, no need to connect it physically to the phone or tablet, you can hold the lens-camera anywhere around you.

The ‘lens’ is actually a camera, all-in. It just uses your phone as a viewer through wifi or NFC, there is an app that can be downloaded on your phone to control the external camera (lens). They have 2-3 different models, depending on what you want. And, no need to connect it physically to the phone or tablet, you can hold the lens-camera anywhere around you.[/quote]

… which is great in crowded environments like press conferences.

The ‘lens’ is actually a camera, all-in. It just uses your phone as a viewer through wifi or NFC, there is an app that can be downloaded on your phone to control the external camera (lens). They have 2-3 different models, depending on what you want. And, no need to connect it physically to the phone or tablet, you can hold the lens-camera anywhere around you.[/quote]

… which is great in crowded environments like press conferences.[/quote]

For that they invented the ‘selfiestick’ … :smiley:

For that they invented the ‘selfiestick’ … :smiley:[/quote]

Good heaven’s man, I am a professional! :noway: :wink: :laughing:

For that they invented the ‘selfiestick’ … :smiley:[/quote]

Good heaven’s man, I am a professional! :noway: :wink: :laughing:[/quote]

OK, in reverse mode! :whistle:

a professional taking pictures with a cellphone, but they pay me for them. :smiley:

My ifone 5s has a good camera. Just as good as my wifes 6

My wife has the iPhone 6+ and I have the Sony Z3. imo the iPhone takes the better pics, but maybe I’m just shite with a camera.

found that Z3 photo with my car hiding under the seat of my car

slightly worse than your typical low light situation.

Best forward-facing cell phone appears to be the Nokia 1040 [sic], the one that has a bulge to fit in more camera. It’s got 41 megapixels or something.

Best selfie-camera, it’s a tie between many phones. There’s android and windows phones that have wide-angle selfie cameras which are pretty cool IMHO, I own a windows variety (I’m banking on that windows 10 upgrade).

[quote=“Il Ðoge”]Best forward-facing cell phone appears to be the Nokia 1040 [sic], the one that has a bulge to fit in more camera. It’s got 41 megapixels or something.

Best selfie-camera, it’s a tie between many phones. There’s android and windows phones that have wide-angle selfie cameras which are pretty cool IMHO, I own a windows variety (I’m banking on that windows 10 upgrade).[/quote]

In my opinion, it’s not a phone … it’s a camera with a phone option.

haven’t heard good things about Windows based phones, though. A coworker had one and he hated it with passion.