Currently best cellphone in terms of camera

It’s best to think about the overall flow, are you going to be working with Mac software, do you need which editing functions and upload, all that kind of stuff is important too isn’t it. Night or day pictures would definitely be important though, check reviews on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends what you use your phone for. I’m not really an “app person” I just text, make calls and use the maps feature which is good. Then I occasionally take a picture.

If you web browse, get social network updates on your phone etc then yeah, don’t go with windows right now. I do all of that on my laptop or tablet though.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]It’s best to think about the overall flow, are you going to be working with Mac software, do you need which editing functions and upload, all that kind of stuff is important too isn’t it. Night or day pictures would definitely be important though, check reviews on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

There are so many good designed and usefull photo editor apps out there, it doesn’t matter for workflow, most are linking together seamlessly even.

There’s been an iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S6 comparison a few days ago, done by a very serious French tech website.
They took several sample photos in different situations and, aside comparing the images in the lab, had the readers vote in a sort of “blind test”.
Samsung does better on each different scene (macro, indoor portrait with and without flash, etc.), except outdoor where the iPhone had more vivid colours and slightly sharper details.
http://www.lesnumeriques.com/photo-samsung-galaxy-s6-vs-apple-iphone-6-plus-votre-verdict-n40775.html

Other than that, I’ve always been very impressed by Sony’s Xperia, especially if you play with the settings a bit (as opposed to most phones that have very few modes). Just like on Sony cameras, you can select different modes, such as “high ISO”, or - to avoid the drawbacks of high ISO ratings - a sort of nighttime HDR mode that combines several shots into one, giving clear images in low lights conditions without noise. Very effective if you know how to use those modes.

You can also check out the lab tests from DXO (who is quite of an authority in the photography industry): http://www.dxomark.com/Phones

Right now it looks like its a near tie between the iphone 6 and Galaxy S6 for best camera. Galaxy S6 edges out in the lead because it has ios built in.

So they reverted back to Sony sensors …

InFocus Model M320. But that was last year. I use the camera to take pictures of the blackboard in Chinese class. So I can copy the work.
I also use it to blow up small text on worksheets or ingredient lists. So, if you need a good general purpose camera for both far and near, it is the best low priced option. Resolution is fantastic. You can see them at Sun Far.

The samples from the new LG G4 look impressive, and the Asus Zenfone 2’s camera is no slouch either.

You’re sending me back to Asus?! :astonished:

One of the main selling points of the Galaxy S6 dual sim is its main camera. It uses the 16-megapixel Sony Exmor RS IMX240 sensor, which is the same sensor used in the Galaxy Note 4. But Samsung has made some improvements to the camera’s algorithms and lens. The benefits of the tweaks are most notable in low light and in the amount of raw detail the camera can capture.

LG G4’s camera is the King of the hill now that is is on the market.
It narrowly beats the Galaxy S6 by just a margin.
The LG G4 is less expensive than the Galaxy S6 too…AND it comes with a FREE spare battery, and charging dock for the battery.

In my opinion the Galaxy S6’s glass front and back make it way too fragile and a fingerprint magnet. The camera sticks out in an odd way and the home button is archaic and ugly. The LG G4 is sporting an all leather removable back and a slight curve to the phone. I am intrigued by the leather option and curious to see how it will hold up over time and to the humidity in Taiwan. LG’s newest UI is very near stock android…more so than Samsung’s UI.

In my opinion…if you took the guts of the LG G4 and stuck it into the body of the HTC M9, you would have a darn near perfect device.

Yes, had a look at those the other day. What I do not understand -and her I need some enlightenment- is that my Asus for example has 20 million pixels, but LG has only 13 million and I think Galaxy is 15 tops. Image quality on the Asus was superb.

I’m not an expert on that at all. But I believe it has to do with screen size and the way those pixels are spread out. Then again, that may be completely wrong.

Where did you go to see the LG G4? I havent seen it in stores anywhere yet. Would love to see one in person.

Xindian.

A pal who works in high tech recently changed phones and her options were these two. She chose iPhone because she was told Galaxy had overheating issues -which I have heard of before.

I am concerned though about compatibility issues and apps. I do use a lot of different apps and I have noticed that the Apple Store does not have them. Well, not the same.

I really do not want to spend that much money -LG and Samsung and iPhone are over 23k to almost 30k- as I spent that much on the PadFone and look what happened. These things have a two year lifespan if you are lucky. Problem with cheapo is camera sucks and memory is lousy -I have reached the limit in memory, even after expansion, I must delete an app for every app I put in, and I am not deleting proprietary apps in order to make room for upgrades.

Sony battery life is really poor.

A pal who works in high tech recently changed phones and her options were these two. She chose iPhone because she was told Galaxy had overheating issues -which I have heard of before.

I am concerned though about compatibility issues and apps. I do use a lot of different apps and I have noticed that the Apple Store does not have them. Well, not the same.

I really do not want to spend that much money -LG and Samsung and iPhone are over 23k to almost 30k- as I spent that much on the PadFone and look what happened. These things have a two year lifespan if you are lucky. Problem with cheapo is camera sucks and memory is lousy -I have reached the limit in memory, even after expansion, I must delete an app for every app I put in, and I am not deleting proprietary apps in order to make room for upgrades.

Sony battery life is really poor.[/quote]

Since I posted that, the LG G4 has come out and captured the lead in the camera wars. LG G4’s camera is arguably better than both the iPhone 6 and Samsung Galaxy S6.

As far as your concerns go…

1. You don’t have to buy the phone at full price upfront. You can go on a plan.

2. I saw the LG G4 listed at 19,000NT online (pchome.com.tw)

3. The LG G4 has removable back cover and replaceable battery. It also got very high scores for being easy to fix if broken. The lifespan of the LG G4 would be at least 4 years if not more because of this.

4. If you are worried about compatibility issues, why even bother with Apple? That is just a headache. Stay in the Android or Windows phone categories and you will have less of a headache.

5. LG G4 memory is expandable, it has a micro sd card slot. So memory problems are a non-issue.

The only reason why I wont go with Samsung is aesthetics. I just don’t like glass phones and I hate that power button staring at you taking up wasted space. I currently have an HTC One M7 and am looking at my options. I am tempted to hold off one more year and see what next year has to offer. Can HTC pull themselves out of the disaster of the M9 and make a phone with a decent camera with image stabilization? I love having the speakers on the front, it just makes sense. And I have gotten used to blink feed and it is now my go to source for news. If I switch brands now, those are the two things I will miss the most. Still waiting to get my hands on a leather LG G4 to give it a spin and see how it feels and looks in person.

Sony battery life is really poor.[/quote]

The Sony xperia z2/z2a/z3 all have excellent battery life, I’m not sure where you got that from?

Well, like 3 colleagues have bought Sony before and have that complaint -along with heating issues. A pal bought Z3 about 2 or 3 months ago and she was fuming yesterday that she took 4 pictures and the battery was history. Dunno what else she was doing for that to happen. It may be the settings they are using but since they hog the plugs here at work I think that is problematic.

Back to the shopping: there is a special sale on 4G from Chunghwa, if you sign up before the 31st, the monthly rate on all-you-can-eat 4G is 980 NTD per month, which is less than what I pay now.

Bad news is that there is a long waiting line for LG G4 and even longer for iPhone 6. Signed up anyways, hope I can get one of them before the end of the month to get the special rate.

My contract was not over yet, but you can pay the difference, which in my case was … 200 ntd. Moreover, if you sign up for a longer contract, they can deduce up to 2000 NTD from the cost of your set.

As a returning, long standing customer, I do not have to pay some sort of additional charges or deposit, meaning the LG can go for about 6500 NTD and the iPhone plus with 64 memory for almost 20k. I am more inclined towards the LG because of the cost and because it is Android. But I have a pal that can give me her place in line for the iPhone and that would help me get the special promotion on the monthly costs, which would be even nicer.

[quote=“Icon”]Well, like 3 colleagues have bought Sony before and have that complaint -along with heating issues. A pal bought Z3 about 2 or 3 months ago and she was fuming yesterday that she took 4 pictures and the battery was history. Dunno what else she was doing for that to happen. It may be the settings they are using but since they hog the plugs here at work I think that is problematic.

[/quote]

She’s doing something wrong, the Xperia z3 has a 3100mah battery which is actually bigger than the LG G4’s. I, personally, have an xperia z2a, and it’s got the best battery life of any smartphone I’ve ever had.

OK, I have the LG G4 in my hands. Got an OK deal, lower monthly payment. Phone feels light, it is light baby blue. Problem is it is refusing to work…

But the camera is awesome. Now, if I could get on line, I’d show you the pics…