Curriculum in Public Schools (or lack of...)

you’re lucky if you get a book and the book may be in chinese in some cases lol
or, just no helpful resources whatsoever.
and…the standards (they call them “indicators”) might be in chinese too. it’s outrageous how some foreign teachers need to google translate and make sense of them in order to complete their syllabus (unit/lesson plans).
I see the schools that have the bilingual program as guinea pigs. Foreign teacher and local admin/coordinator/lead teacher turnover rate is awfully high…but not surprising. so it’s just pretty much a mess. And having homeroom co-teachers is just another disaster.

I’d be more than happy to contact all the FETs I know - don’t forget there’s the training in August too so that might be a good time to get folks on board…

I imagine all your hard work will be undone by a wave of the hand. Foreigners don’t understand Taiwan they will say.

Ha ha ha :sweat_smile: :joy: oh god I can picture the lofty dismissive wave of the hand and the awkward smiles and laughs with the whispers around the staff room table.

The principal squawking away with all of the underlings that secretly hate her nodding in abeyance. Everyone talking over each other but all coming to the same conclusion :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like