Curry Night VI

I’ve been mostly eating at the South Indian place in Shida recently, the one across from the Tibetan restaurant. I think it’s about the only place that does masala dosa and Kerala-style curry in Taiwan.

[quote=“cfimages”]I’ve been mostly eating at the South Indian place in Shi-Da recently, the one across from the Tibetan restaurant. I think it’s about the only place that does masala dosa and Kerala-style curry in Taiwan.[/quote]Got a name? Proper Kerala cuisine is great.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]You try the eggplant?[/quote]Not this time, but I will be back for that and more.

[quote=“Taffy”][quote=“cfimages”]I’ve been mostly eating at the South Indian place in Shi-Da recently, the one across from the Tibetan restaurant. I think it’s about the only place that does masala dosa and Kerala-style curry in Taiwan.[/quote]Got a name? Proper Kerala cuisine is great.
[/quote]

I can’t remember off the top of my head but will find out next time I’m there.

I think he’s talking about the Masala House n0 19, lane 13 pu cheng street.

Having eaten in most of Taipei’s curry houses thats the closest thing to an authentic British style curry I’ve come across.

[quote=“StuartCa”]I think he’s talking about the Masala House n0 19, lane 13 pu cheng street.

Having eaten in most of Taipei’s curry houses thats the closest thing to an authentic British style curry I’ve come across.[/quote]

That’s the one. Thanks.

[quote=“StuartCa”]Masala House n0 19, lane 13 pu cheng street.[/quote]Excellent, cheers. I’ve been before, but it looks like I need a return trip.

[quote=“Taffy”]Saffron was impressive - nice surroundings, excellent presentation, tasty food made from quality ingredients, and unobtrusive, efficient service. Only three of us made it there for dinner, but it was still most enjoyable. It’s gone straight in at the number one spot on my list, but I’ve yet to try all of them - Spice Shop (next door to Saffron) is next for me.

I’m sorry I couldn’t make this one, Taffy. I’ve been out of the country, and I haven’t been checking Forumosa all that much as of late.

Glad to hear that Saffron was a winner. I’d like to make the trip up to Tienmu sometime to try it out.

Do give the Masala House on Pucheng St. another shot. As cfimages noted, it is one of the few places (the only place, perhaps) in Taipei where you can find a masala dosa. I like all the dishes I’ve had there, but I must admit that one big reason I like it is that it is the closest Indian restaurant to my home.

Please do keep us posted about the next curry night, whenever that may be. Sounds as if the Spice Shop in Tienmu or Calcutta in Ximending might be likely candidates. I’ve never been to either, so I’d like to give either or both a try.

Hey fee, good to know you’re up for the next one - Calcutta would make sense, as we’ve just had one out in Tianmu. Somewhere around the 9th of January would be a good plan, I think - get all the festive stuff out of the way first.

I heard you speak of Curry Night lucky no.7 in another thread Taffeta. Any chance of having said bash in early March? I promise, I’ll scrub up good.

Would Feb 27th work for you, Funkster?

I have some sort of work’s function that night, that’s why I was hoping the weekends after that.

In that case, the first Saturday in March it is. I’ll start a new thread.

Calcutta in Ximending is the venue, see the [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/the-seventh-forumosa-curry-night-saturday-march-6th/56426/1 Night VII[/url] thread for details.