Custom helmet designs~

Hey guys… I’m thinking to get my helmet repainted… does anybody know anyone in Taichung who can do this on a professional level… as in high quality… not low, still-learning quality…?? Any idea how much it would cost for a full face helmet?

My design is still in it’s infancy, but here it it’s belowif you’re interested~ The stars need to have their centres re-whitened, as the black makes them look a little like flowers… and some extra flames and resizing will be needed to make it fully fit the helmet, but the gist is more blue on the left, more black on the right… I will be measuring the helmet tomorrow to check the size~

I also have, just for fun, done an Italian one and am part way through a UK design…though I haven’t uploaded those~

Nice design! Sorry, I don’t have an answer for you, but I’m interested in the same thing for Taipei.

I know of a guy that does custom paintwork for bikes. I see no reason why he wouldn’t do helmets. (Taipei) I’ll see what I can find out.

Make those stars into bullet holes…now that’d be really cool…

nice design… :cluck:

ok~ I redid the design… I’d like your input as to which you think is better… the original (in the OP?) or this new one? (they are similar)… I still haven’t gotten around to measuring my helmet yet, so I’m still not sure on the exact shape yet…

Beautiful…elegantly beautiful.

thanks, but which do you think is better? anywhere I could make improvements?

:laughing: I do have some bullet hole stickers, TC – if you want some, drop me a PM with your address.

x08 -
I like #2 better, The Union Jack is more clearly discerned. Looks good to go. Clean. Unused space can make a statement as well.

yeah, #2 is better

Looks great mate!

Thanks for the support guys…

If anyone wants me to make something similar for them, PM me… I have plenty of free time at work on Tuesdays and Wednesdays usually to muck around for a bit on the laptop~ Though obviously, I will only do it if I have time~

I don’t plan on painting just yet, unless I can find a really good deal suddenly… but I will definately get around to it before the end of the year ~_~ as lame as that sounds, the repaint is supposed to be timed with me getting a new machine hopefully~

I would feel worried about having my helmet painted.

I learned that putting stickers and paint on a helmet that is not spesefyed for that use can cause cemical changes in the material that the helmet is casted from and make it weaker, more fragile or softer.

For this reason I would not do it at anny Taiwanese paintshop since I doubt there knowledge about annything.
I defently would give the manufacturer a call and ask if they sell paint for there helmets or if they recomend it at all.

[quote=“Stian”]I would feel worried about having my helmet painted.

I learned that putting stickers and paint on a helmet that is not spesefyed for that use can cause cemical changes in the material that the helmet is casted from and make it weaker, more fragile or softer.

For this reason I would not do it at anny Taiwanese paintshop since I doubt there knowledge about annything.
I defently would give the manufacturer a call and ask if they sell paint for there helmets or if they recomend it at all.[/quote]Ditto that, Stian. That’s what I heard too, and I’d certainly be careful about painting a helmet or getting anyone to do it for me.

[quote=“x08”]Thanks for the support guys…

If anyone wants me to make something similar for them, PM me… I have plenty of free time at work on Tuesdays and Wednesdays usually to muck around for a bit on the laptop~ Though obviously, I will only do it if I have time~

I don’t plan on painting just yet, unless I can find a really good deal suddenly… but I will definately get around to it before the end of the year ~_~ as lame as that sounds, the repaint is supposed to be timed with me getting a new machine hopefully~[/quote]

I know a guy with a small business in the UK who makes short-run decals for (pedal) bikes + helmets. I’m 95% certain that a motorcycle helmet would not give him any grief and 100% certain that he knows what he’s doing. Only problem is that he’s not cheap. I know a few Taiwanese printers who could do semi-transparent/die-cut decals of very high quality but then there’s the question of whether or not your helmet performance would be affected. The former option would probably be at least NT$12k, latter option maybe NT$1,000 tops. I can show you some other die-cut stuff they’ve done for me if you want to see how the real decals turn out. Love the design btw :slight_smile: