Customs clearance

I did read your post about it in other topic monokuro. Mine is random inspection and out of luck i think xD. Anyway I sent them all informations and forms they needed. Gonna wait to see how it goes.

They are being retarded about this. Give them the laptop’s model number and SKU and tell them to find it themselves. It’s a standard off the shelf laptop.

This.

NEVER use FedEx.

Only USPS. Guaranteed no trouble. I bought so much stuff via USPS and never questioned, never have to pay for additional money.

If I have to buy something that uses FedEx, I just ship it to my family in Hongkong and get it from them when I can visit them. I’d rather pay for plane ticket to visit my family on long weekends rather than spending money on these people.

1 Like

USPS won’t insure a laptop sent internationally.

I tried that with the first laptop, they’d send it but non insured, which was why I had to use UPS.

Anything with wifi is going to get stopped by the NCC. I’ve ordered a 4k smart tv and other wireless stuff from the us and always go through this. They usually only need to know the frequency and rf output of the device. Also going to need the model number and sending them a pdf of the instruction manual helps. I usually just find similar device if I am unsure and copy the info from there. If they knew the answer, they wouldn’t be asking you. It’s kind of silly really, it’s not like you’re importing a bomb or anything. Not sure why they are charging you. I never had to pay anything.

It’s electric appliances over 1,000 US$ in value, including shipping. I’ve done it a few times, it will take you about 10 minutes to get the BSMI if you have images, model number and some other details about the product. Custom clearance will be about 2-4 hours. Depending on where airport Taoyuan or Keelung harbour.

It’s 200 NT$ for the BSMI, the NCC document was free last time I got a WiFi device.

1 Like

Mine was insured.