šŸ›‚ Customs - Taiwan | Importing candy/snacks

Iā€™d argue that milk in chocolate isnā€™t unnecessary. But Iā€™m not a big dark chocolate fan :joy:

Are dark chocolate Reeseā€™s vegan?

1 Like

I believe milk is in the chocolate and peanut butter lol. I remember Justineā€™s dark chocolate peanut butter cups were fine though. Also a few brands that label theirs vegan.

Before this whole swine fever I used to have luggage full of Polish sausages and no one cared. Even those cute doggos smelled my bag and didnā€™t react. If they stopped me, I would say that paying fine is still better than eating this sweet thing they call sausage here :smiley:

Now I am bringing a lot of candies as well, mostly for gifts. Iā€™m also bringing a lot of Yerba Mate, this year like 5kg in my checked in luggage and even itā€™s practically unknown here in Taiwan and it resembles weed a lot still didnā€™t have any problems so far

1 Like

Why is that funny?

Peanut butter shouldnā€™t involve milk

1 Like

And pork!

EDIT: Plus what @SuperS54 said.

Guy

Is pork legal to carry into Taiwan?

Itā€™s amazing how bad some of these things taste after we grow up. :grin:

Guy

No! And thatā€™s why they look for it.

Guy

Iā€™m talking about in a legal sense.

Otherwise such a post will be very long.

Do they only look for pork? No.

Meth
Weed
Crack
Cocaine
List goes on

Iā€™m doubtful @meishijia actually intends to import contraband.

So I donā€™t think it needs to be mentioned that border officers will look for contraband because thatā€™s a given.

Just chocolate :slight_smile: maybe some cereal

@meishijia go over the top?

I canā€™t imagine! :rofl:

Guy

Itā€™s shocking how well you know me just from this forum

When you go all in, you really seem to go . . . all in. :slightly_smiling_face:

cough cough credit cards cough cough

Guy

1 Like

I would worry the chocolate would melt unless its the overhead locker.

1 Like

I thought the cargo hold gets quite coldā€¦

Just in case anyoneā€™s worried things have changed in times of COVID, I came back a few days ago with two suitcases quite full of food. No issues at the airport.

I suppose it could make a difference that I had a variety of foods, while a suitcase simply full of hundreds of candy bars may raise more flags.

I have come home with melted chocolate before: maybe from the time in Taiwan? Or from the suitcase sitting on the tarmac in the sun at some point?

4 Likes

Yes it does ! But more worried about on the ground in Taiwan, it may melt or come soft sitting on tarmac at the airport before its ejected out at baggage claim.