Cute Guys (a little help on my site)

[quote=“ImaniOU”]I think I gave the only positives to some of them, but that’s because I loves me some geeks. You can write me in as the anomality in your stats. :smiley:[/quote] I love geeks also, but being a geek doesn’t equal ugly.:s

[quote]
Of course, if you threw in Daniel Dae Kim from Lost, I’d be inclined to push the ‘yes’ button for that… :lovestruck:[/quote] Oh that’s a man that I would towel my panties at.:bouncy:

I totally agree.

I was asked when I went to HK to take pictures of “cute guys” for the girls on the forum. I responded that I didn’t know what that would be.

I have an opinion about if a guy looks cool, and a notion as to what I think girls would like, but quite often girls tell me I’m wrong. And when it comes to Asian guys, I’m even more clueless than usual.

That’s really the reason for this poll. I spent about 5 hours looking for suitable candidates and the 5 from HK I got were the 5 best I thought girls would go for that actually agreed to have their picture taken. The 6 from Taiwan were actually submitted to me from a moderator from the forum-- and it seems she picked 6 that were “hard working” more than physically attractive.

Now, I don’t want to put up pictures of male models. I want real life guys that people see on the street. But if any of you have any Asian guys you think girls would like that you have met in person, I’d be happy to give them a spot on the picture voting contest.

And why did I do only HK and Taiwan guys? That’s the only two places I’ve been with a camera.

Ah, I forgot the most important thing I wanted to say:

Thank you to all those who took the time to go and vote on those pictures! It really helped. I’ll announce the results here on this thread once I get enough votes in each demographic group to close the polls back on my site.

:thanks:

Hmmmm, I have three hot co-workers, my best friend has some seriously hot friends (his bass player is so yum. Why must he be so stupid?), and I even have some good looking classmates. Now if only i had a camera, I might be of some use to you.

I voted no to them all, but thought of voting yes to TW4 because he had kind eyes. But none were cute at all. And I was so looking forward to those picks.

And sorry Namahott, but Takeshi is MINE.

I’m sorry but I wouldn’t bum any of them.

Err carry on.

I think that some of you are being hard on the Asian guys in Pui’s photos. Sure, none of them are supermodel hotties. For the most part they are average looking. Only a couple that I would deem unattractive. But honestly it’s really hard to tell how attractive a guy is, just from a headshot. For me, attractiveness is more in the body, the guy’s style, and the way he carries himself. I consider the face least important factor in deciding if a guy is cute or not. Look at Jay Chou. He doesn’t really have a cute face, but he’s got talent, style, and he carries himself well. Therefore he’s ‘cute’ in my book!

Erhu wrote [quote]I think that some of you are being hard on the Asian guys in Pui’s photos. Sure, none of them are supermodel hotties. For the most part they are average looking. Only a couple that I would deem unattractive. But honestly it’s really hard to tell how attractive a guy is, just from a headshot. For me, attractiveness is more in the body, the guy’s style, and the way he carries himself. I consider the face least important factor in deciding if a guy is cute or not. Look at Jay Chou. He doesn’t really have a cute face, but he’s got talent, style, and he carries himself well. Therefore he’s ‘cute’ in my book![/quote]

Well said. For me, how a woman carries herself (i.e. posture and style) is very important. Straight back, no Chinese shuffling, proper strides!

Well said. For me, how a woman carries herself (i.e. posture and style) is very important. Straight back, no Chinese shuffling, proper strides![/quote]

You mean goosestepping?

:astonished:

ImaniOU wrote [quote]You mean goosestepping[/quote]
Nazi shit, I have no time for, but Italian fascism; well, we can talk.

It’s the better quality cloth, the sharper black suits, innit? I knew there was a lil’ fascist metrosexual in you struggling to get out almas. :laughing:

HG

I don’t think I’ve ever looked at a man and said, “He is cute.” Is it just me, or do others find this word really icky when describing an adult?

Cute is for girls and boys, it’s Hello Kitty, it’s just…well…yucky.

If I say that about a woman, it’s like “she’s all right, she’s certainly not ugly, she’s perfectly average and yes, given a few shots I’d do her”. That’s what “cute” means.

If I say, “Yowza! Simmer me down, sport! She’s HOT!” then now, that’s saying that I might actually put out some effort to woo her because she’s attractive enough to be worth it.

“Cute” doesn’t really mean anything. It just means that you are not ugly. 90% of the girls in this world are “cute”. Take that girl in the banner ad for the GRE preparation, for example. She’s cute but I certainly wouldn’t walk over hot coals for her.

If a woman called you “cute,” gents, how would you feel?

I know that the Taiwanese use this word for nearly everything…but what if a western woman called you “cute?” Just curious…because if I told my husband I thought he was cute, I think he would look at me like I had three heads…

Sexy, handsome, good-looking, hot, adorable, nice-looking, appealing, there are many other adjectives to use… :smiley:

I wouldn’t feel anything. You know… sticks and stones may break my bones, but, names will never hurt me…

Oh… did you meen, how would I feel? Like some kind of an emotional reaction… :s

I wouldn’t feel anything. You know… sticks and stones may break my bones, but, names will never hurt me…

Oh… did you meen, how would I feel? Like some kind of an emotional reaction… :s[/quote]

hee hee. Yeah, I mean, would it make you feel like a cutesy little boy, like less of a man I guess? Or would you see it as a nice compliment and feel good about it? just curious…

As long as she likes me, it’s all good.

I suppose its better than being called a dumbass…

Honestly, I don’t know. Been married for 17 years. I’m fairly certain that I understand how my wife feels about me… if she decides one day that I am cute… well… I don’t think I’d feel like less of a man for that.

[quote=“Indiana”]If a woman called you “cute,” gents, how would you feel?

I know that the Taiwanese use this word for nearly everything…but what if a western woman called you “cute?” Just curious…because if I told my husband I thought he was cute, I think he would look at me like I had three heads…

Sexy, handsome, good-looking, hot, adorable, nice-looking, appealing, there are many other adjectives to use… :smiley:[/quote]

A girl I liked called me ‘cute’ once and I was heartbroken. Fluffy rabbits are cute. Kittens are cute. Who doesn’t want to be considered hot and/or shuai? (PS: all the married guys can stay out of this because you’re off the menu now anyway).