Cyber affair

[quote=“mr_boogie”]I am Portuguese, live in Luxembourg (that makes 2000 Km away from my town) and have a Taiwanese girlfriend. We met as penpals and guess we clicked in the third time we talked online. When she send me her photo my heart stopped…please, CPR…
Anyway, we started dating some weeks after and now I’m moving to Taiwan part because of her, part because my boss is a nice guy and want’s to see me happy (of course that wanting to open a branch in Taipei and not trusting Chinese people helped).
So I’ll meet her for the first time in June (Computex) and I’ll stay there for a week in vacation (it is also my birthday, so I get a 2 in 1).
If we are going to click the way we click in the web, only god knows… but anyway, we have to think that we can overcome whatever comes.[/quote]
Are any of you leaving your spouses or significant others for each other though?

link please

I have read from a book(written by a Canadian guy called Jeff?) that there were two people chatting online, after a couple of times chatting they decided to meet up. They married few months after they met.

My met my british boyfriend from the internet. We’ve ‘been together’ for almost 2 years.

But I’ve found out that there are some problems exist which I can never ignore:
When my friends ask about where I met my boyfriend, I always tell them that we just met in the streets when he was here for his work, (And the truth is that he always had to go abroad for work, but had never come to Taiwan before.) because most of the people think that there’s no ‘true love’ from the internet, and also because of the age gap between us, I don’t want them to take it as something dirty or bad…Also, although we’ve shared so much(thoughts, thinking, chatting, talking…), I think there still exists a distance from being together in preson, cause there are always somethings you can only find out or understand when going out together or have spent some time with each other.

I’ve been quite out of control recently, partly is because he seldom keeps in touch because of his work, and also I finally realised that I can’t see how it is going to work out (we’re still so different in many ways.). We’ve been planning to meet up, he coming here, but there’s always something happens to disturb our plan.

And if I ever believe in God, I’d rather consider that God is trying to protect me. (It may sound silly, but I think it’s the best way for me to end up this ‘relationship’.)

May be a bit off the topic… :blush:

She has no one, I have no one… so it is a matter of opportunity and experience…
For me she will be an assurance I wil not be there alone…
For her… I’m still trying to understand, because she is not from a poor family neither she needs to get out of there… maybe it was luck that we met or something

You guys are making me all teary eyed here. Met one or two on the net, but just friends really. One girlfriend and we’re now just friends.

Maaaaaybe the problem is with me :noway:

Wouldn’t mind an internet mistress though…hehehe (Viv, if you’re reaqding this, JUST kidding). :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“AniSll”] My met my British boyfriend from the internet. We’ve ‘been together’ for almost 2 years.

I’ve been quite out of control recently, partly is because he seldom keeps in touch because of his work, and also I finally realised that I can’t see how it is going to work out (we’re still so different in many ways.). We’ve been planning to meet up, he coming here, but there’s always something happens to disturb our plan.

And if I ever believe in God, I’d rather consider that God is trying to protect me. (It may sound silly, but I think it’s the best way for me to end up this ‘relationship’.)[/quote]

You have never “met” your “boyfriend.” Sorry but that sounds more that a bit nutty to me.

Yeah. It sounds a little virtual to me too…hehehehe…

Okay, that was a weak joke. I admit it. But I just couldn’t resist. :laughing:

I think talking on an intimate level with a member of the opposite sex is a betrayal of your own relationship.

If you need attention from someone and want to talk to them about sex, there is something wrong with your current situation.

My bf doesn’t even like me talking on this group forum. I wouldn’t dream of starting a private message one-to-one thing with someone I met online.

It’s just WRONG.

[quote=“observer”]I think talking on an intimate level with a member of the opposite sex is a betrayal of your own relationship.

If you need attention from someone and want to talk to them about sex, there is something wrong with your current situation.

My bf doesn’t even like me talking on this group forum. I wouldn’t dream of starting a private message one-to-one thing with someone I met online.

It’s just WRONG.[/quote]

Your boyfriend is WAY overprotective and probably insecure if he feels so threatened by your chatting on an online forum. :unamused:

Merely talking to someone of the opposite sex is not a “betrayal”. Anyone who thinks this way is jealous and controlling and perhaps borderline psychotic. That kind of smothering “love” sounds more like a prison sentence than a healthy, mature relationship.

You need to find a new boyfriend who respects your space. You are entitled to a life outside of your current relationship - your own friends that you can talk to and hang out with, without your boyfriend around.

I’d be careful, though. The type of guys that feel threatened when their girlfriends even so much as TALK to another guy…this is not likely a guy with a healthy, stable personality, you know? Be careful.

Tpy: I think your jumping the gun a little bit, what proof do you have that he is having an affair? Just talking to someone? Do you have records of the convo where they profess their love for one another? How are you sooo sure they will have an affair on the outside? Or are you just assume they will? Remember what they say when you “ass u me”…[/quote]

The reason i am thinking that he is cheating on me is when i pretended that i was mad and he asked me “are you sniffering my msn ?” And i asked him why, he said “because … because i was chatting with my friend”
What do you think…isn’t that something…weird…and we have no friends in common.

Tpy: I think your jumping the gun a little bit, what proof do you have that he is having an affair? Just talking to someone? Do you have records of the convo where they profess their love for one another? How are you sooo sure they will have an affair on the outside? Or are you just assume they will? Remember what they say when you “ass u me”…[/quote]

The reason I am thinking that he is cheating on me is when i pretended that I was mad and he asked me “are you sniffering my msn ?” And I asked him why, he said “because … because I was chatting with my friend”
What do you think…isn’t that something…weird…and we have no friends in common.[/quote]

I think playing with a guy’s emotions and expecting to have the same friends is weird
(and manipulative)
myself, but that’s just me. Pulling this kind of behavior and having unrealistic expectations to dictate his social life can drive a man…away. But what do I know?

[quote=“ImaniOU”]
I think playing with a guy’s emotions and expecting to have the same friends is weird
(and manipulative)
myself, but that’s just me. Pulling this kind of behavior and having unrealistic expectations to dictate his social life can drive a man…away. But what do I know?[/quote]
:slight_smile: I think you r right .
But I wasn’t playing with his emotions, was just trying to surprise him, but just it turned out that i am the one who is surprised.
Anyway, I realized that fantasy is fine, as long as you don’t bring it to your real life while you have someone with you.