Cyberbullying and Harassment in Taiwan — Josh Ellis Photography

I get the impression it did have to actually go all the way through to those who have authority to throw it out. I don’t think the police made that decision. But at least it DID get ignored!

1 Like

You have to file cases back against people that harass you. They know it causes inconvenience even if they have no chance of winning. Can do the same back.
But the first advice is the best, just ignore the mental cases and don’t give them oxygen. Block block block…

1 Like

I read it over the course of the day so here’s a breakdown from memory. The writer has been harassed by someone he describes as a 50 year old person on Twitter. The person uses multiple accounts and has harassed the writer and others who interact with the author. The harasser has avoided doing anything the author can sue for, though the harasser has filed one or two criminal complaints against the writer.
The rest of the article is about how cyber-bullying is bad Taiwan’s laws are insufficient to meet the problem and then it drifts into a description of libel laws.
Oh, and the harasser has shown up at one or two of his photography exhibitions.

3 Likes

There are some psychotic foreigners out there. Like the guy that set up a mirror website of Forumosa…

2 Likes

You mean Moronosa, sometimes it’s necessary to hold up a mirror.

1 Like

It was quite a rude mirror. A bit funny to start with, but then just plain mean.

Did that actually happen?

I wondered if it might be him, but reading more it probably wasn’t.

I think the mods are or were removing that name from posts because that site doxxed some forumosans. The front page appears blank, but the owner did or does link to internal pages.

Yeah, it was a thing for some months. SatTv opened the site and for whatever reason let it lapse. It was opened up before the site split so most of the old mods were a feature.

1 Like

According to him he didn’t own the site, just facilitated the hosting for some other expat, if memory serves me correctly.

1 Like

Actually, FWIW, it popped up in 2013, several years after the split.

1 Like

I stand corrected, twice.

1 Like

This is some creepy stuff. Like a horror movie. A Michael Myers type.