Cycling route number 1 everywhere

No matter where I’m in Taiwan I see boards indicating that I’m in the cycling route num. 1. Yesterday I went to toilet and I saw that board in the back of the door. What the heck, I was giving the jack hammer to this girl when she said me to use the route number 1 instead.

Am I getting paranoid with this route???

1 Like

I’m preeetty sure there’s a translation issue here, Jesus. Not the best choice of words. Do you mean you were arguing with her about what’s the better route to take?

All in all, the Huan Dao Route No.1 is usually not the most scenic route, but it sometimes can be a quicker route. However, this depends solely on where you’re going.

For example, (correct me if I’m wrong) the route from the most eastern part of Taipei and most western stretches from around Civic Blvd (near City Link) all the way to Da Dao Cheng Wharf via Civic Blvd and Nanjing East Road. Most cyclists will know that taking the riverside from Nankang to Da Dao Cheng Wharf is a better route!

I guess that my question is… why do I see boards about this route in so many different (and distant) places?

It’s the round the island (Huan Dao) route. Not sure if you’re getting confused by the fact that there’s no actual around the island bike lane, it’s just the signs that mark the route…on roads.

http://itaiwanbike.iot.gov.tw/en-US/taiwanGO/TaiwanGOIndex

I was more confused about having seen it in the coast but also in somewhere near number 3 or 7, plus in the north and somewhere else. In too many places.

theoretically, you can ride every road in Taiwan in one continuous circuit without riding the same part more than once (not counting crossings) That’s why it’s all Route 1.

1 Like

That makes much more sense.

1 Like