D&D in/near Taipei?

Are there any D&D groups in or near Taipei?

Brings back memories…

By the lack of responses, I guess that there aren’t. I think we need to start up a forumosa D&D club. Who’s up for it?

By your reference to D&D, I take it you mean 3rd ed. Just as well, since all my 2nd ed stuff is all back home hidden away in storage some-where.

(for those of you that don’t know, D&D is Dungeons and Dragons)

There was a D&D club running in Chung-Li last year. The main guy Pierre went back to Canada…don’t know if the other members would still be interested.

“If you build it they will come”

I think. I have seen several people who are interested in role playing. AD&D or some such. I would rather play Shadowrun. There are players out there.

I suspect what needs to happen is someone needs to say “I am running a game of XXX. Come to my house at XX time and play.” I am not such a person. I am not insane. Well… Maybe, but not that insane.

If someone will run a shadowrun game I will offer my house as playing field. It is near Keelung and Roosevelt and fairly easy to find after the first time
I would think Sunday evening might be best. but I am available any evening but Wednesday.

Any takers?
Kip

I’m quite happy to play shadowrun. In my opinion, a group should not just stick to one game. Variety is the spice of life and all.

So, let’s say we make some plans then. Since there are now at least 3 people showing some interest.

I’m happy to DM some D&D
Chicken - are you up for running some shadowrun?

What about days to play? I suggest Saturday, since I’m rather involved with the games club on Sundays.

Now. The real key point. A venue?

Another thing is that the GM hat should be passed around. While I’m quite happy to GM sometimes, I’m not happy about gm’ing all the time.

If you give me a month or so I will be able to use my house as a venue. We are moving in now and it is a mess. I could DM Shadowrun, but again the time would have to start in 2 months, after the house and new job settle down.

But with that: Yes I would love to play. My Fiance would probably be willing to learn too.

Kip

Which edition of Shadowrun would that be chicken? I might be tempted to buy some of the manuals for myself… and which expansions do you have?

Umm, well. I started with 1st :slight_smile:

I think I was playing 3rd edition (the latest) with the companions.
If we were to play I would think starting with the main book would be enough and maybe the simple character expanders (magic, matrix and rigger) but no Fields of Fire or Shadorun Companion. not sure about the cannon companion, shadowtec or other gear books, but they are not “Necessary”.

Hope that helps.
Kip

Over the weekend I had a browse in page-one and while I found D&D core rules, and even the rules for Wheel of Time, they didn’t have anything on shadowrun. My next place to browse will be Alchamy, near Zhongxio-fuxing. They have quite a wide selection of RPG stuff, that I remember from the last time I was there.

Hey guys. If you like D&D and own a computer I suggest you go and buy the Neverwinter Nights Diamond pack…which is English and in stores now! It uses D&D rules fully…and even shows the results of all virtual dice rolls…you can create your own maps and even DM them online. I’m just playing the single player game now…but I’m getting into it.

LINK: nwn.bioware.com/

[quote=“Chicken”]“If you build it they will come”

I think. I have seen several people who are interested in role playing. AD&D or some such. I would rather play Shadowrun. There are players out there.

I suspect what needs to happen is someone needs to say “I am running a game of XXX. Come to my house at XX time and play.” I am not such a person. I am not insane. Well… Maybe, but not that insane.

If someone will run a shadowrun game I will offer my house as playing field. It is near Keelung (Jilong) and Roosevelt and fairly easy to find after the first time
I would think Sunday evening might be best. but I am available any evening but Wednesday.

Any takers?
Kip[/quote]

They are streamlining the Shadowrun rules with 4th Edition, which should be coming out relatively soon since I was reading about it like last winter. God, I hated the like 5 different systems you had to learn to play Shadowrun, but as far as the game setting, it was definitely one of the richest around. Plus, frankly, I think some of the game mechanics became overly specific in 3rd as compared to 2nd.

As for the peeps saying that they have third edition D&D stuff… It’s 3.5 now, yo. Where have you been? On some subtropical island?

So… I know you guys are talking about Taipei, but are there any people here in Taichung up for a friendly game of “Pimp: the Backhanding”?

Why waste money on some (mostly) cosmetic changes? The game hasn’t changed that much.

Hi there,

Just arrived in taipei, will be here for the next 3 months or so. I’m in for shadowrun, and could also DM if needed. Also in for D&D.

Have any of you seen the 4th rules for shadowrun? I’ve been on a small backwater island known as japan for the last months, so I’m a bit out of touch. Used to play with drastically simplified rules from SR3, to avoid the game slowing to a crawl.

Well. I was in the process of getting married, but we could be up for a game. I will run it past the wife. Anyone interested PM me or email kip1969 (at) gmail (dot) com. (ps your have to fix the email address yourself.)

I am thinking 3rd rules until we figure out if there really is a 4th.
I usually just cut out deckers as PC but the rest were great.

Hmmmmmm…

Are there any gaming groups in Taichung? I would be highly interested in joining up. Hell, at this point, I’d settle for even playing a White Wolf “Everything is Sooooooooo tragic” game. I’d be totally amped to get in on a 3.0+ D&D game, d10 Legend of the Five Rings or SR game.

I know beggars can’t be choosers, but I’d prefer a more mature gaming group. My Sundays are open as are most of my mornings. Please PM me or respond if you have any leads or tips. Thanks. :smiley:

ddo.com/index.php?page_id=91

And if you can’t wait for that you can always play www.conqueronline.com <—it’s 100% free…really.

Ack. Internet is no substitute for a good tabletop game, in my opinion. Internet always seems to devolve into massive amounts of twinking, my-balls-are-bigger-than-your-fireballs one-upmanship. I guess the groups I’ve played with in the past have been kind of selective about the players we allowed in (a rudimentary understanding of the English language, playing the character and not the table, not being a huge jackass). Online, any jerk with a tiny penis and ADSL can ruin your fun.

No, need to bring up my tiny penis… :frowning:

It’s okay. Size doesn’t matter.