Da Vinci Code movie

Just finished reading the book, and loved it as a breakneck thriller (although some of the history took liberties). Just read that Ron Howard will direct it with Tom Hanks (as Robert Langford), Audrey Tautou (as Sophie) and Jean Reno (as Bezu Fache).

I for one think Howard is the wrong director for the job (kind of had my hopes on someone like David Fincher to keep it nice and dark - Howard is too family friendly) and Hanks is horrible miscast despite stellar acting ability (was hoping for Harrison Ford (despite obvious parallels to indy).

The other casting is however near enough spot on. Do any lovers of the book have any casting preferences? Here are mine from top to bottom:

Robert Langford: Harrisson Ford
Sophie: Sophie Marceau / Audrey Tautou
Fache: Jean Reno
Teabing: Kenneth Branagh / Jeremy Irons / Timothy Spall
Collet: Olivier Martinez
Aringossa: Paul Sorvino
Silas: Tobin Bell (the blond hitman in “The Firm”)
Remy: Lambert Wilson (the Merovignian from Matrix 2 and 3)

The albino part has actually raised some controversy, so maybe they can just use a big MF and to hell with it…

Any thoughts?

I think too many people have confused the book with reality, but other than that, no.

Don’t know what they were thinking of casting Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon.
Harrison Ford would be much better.

I also would go wid Harrison Ford, but since he too closely related to Indinana Jones, how about Robert Redford? He was in the movie Spy Game so can do those spy movies…plus the Last Castle…

they were able to cast Remy perfectly :slight_smile:

I thought Silas could be the guy who played the KingPin in DareDevil and in the Green Mile?

But really, isn’t this movie a little similar to the treasure theme of National Treasure already? that movie was good…

[quote=“webdoctors”]I also would go wid Harrison Ford, but since he too closely related to Indinana Jones, how about Robert Redford? He was in the movie Spy Game so can do those spy movies…plus the Last Castle…

they were able to cast Remy perfectly :slight_smile:

I thought Silas could be the guy who played the KingPin in DareDevil and in the Green Mile?

But really, isn’t this movie a little similar to the treasure theme of National Treasure already? that movie was good…[/quote]

C’mon, Michael Clarke Duncan, a giant black man playing an albino (although he is an excellent actor)! Ha! I hope thats your sense of humor! But, as for Robert Redford, I totally agree. He has just the right mix of charm and sophistication. Good choice, and a damn sight better than Hanks! Also, unlike Harisson Ford, I cant imagine him saying, “Oh no, not the bloody Holy Grail again!”