Daan forest park play equipment

Does anyone know when the renovation of the play equipment at Daan forest park will be complete?

Thanks

Is there a green construction sign nearby? Maybe list a photo if Google translate with camera function doesn’t help?

Supposed to be finished on March 6

2 Likes

360 days to go

3 Likes

Yeah that date is bullshit. I think there is no date. It’ll be done when it’s done.

I gotta say Taiwan is shocking for the amount of constant renovation that goes on. They loves a good renovation project. Barricades, yellow tape, orange cones. Dig up the ground. Fill it in again. Dig it up again.

1 Like

I don’t get why people call it Daan Forest Park. In hindsight, it was obviously misnamed. Those trees hardly qualify to be a forest. Look at Meiji Shrine in Tokyo, now that’s a forest!

I think it was meant to be aspirational. Trees take a while to grow.

1 Like

I think it’s just ecomonic stimulus.

They bought lots of trees when they set it up and then Typhoon Herb laid them all to waste. Never got in enough to make a forest.

I heard that back in the early '90s when they were “constructing” the park, they only consulted engineers but didn’t have any botany experts on their team. The soil ended up to be too shallow for trees to set roots to grow tall.

1 Like

Obviously, you haven’t read the book.

51AYYjQ+t6L.SX334_BO1,204,203,200

At least they had the wisdom to plant Chinese Tarrow trees in the middle. The trees nearer Heping E Rd are pretty shit.

Planted in the area where they razed the old çś·ćť‘.

Ah maybe the soil was shitter on that side.

That’s what I was thinking. Probably seriously compacted, and they didn’t bother improving it. The trees planted where the old drill field used to be seem to be doing better.

At least that’s the shortest side of the trapezoid. (No, Daan park is not a rectangle.)