Dahon Folding Bike

Hi everyone,

does anyone does where is a good place to buy Dahon folding bicycles in Taipei?
Thank you in advance for your help.

regards,

Poland Poh

I don’t know, but they had a very nice looking collection of bikes at the International Cycle Show last week.

I’ve always been extremely sceptical of folding bikes, assuming no “real” cyclist would ride one. I figured they were a mere gimmick for twice-a-year-cyclists living in small apartments and the supposed advantage (they can be stored in a small space) is outweighed by the disadvantages (the wheels and frame are too small, making them ineffective for more than a ride to the corner store, they’re too heavy, and the folding apparatus makes the frames weak). But, after viewing Dahon’s array of bikes at the show, I have a new respect for them. They’ve got a wide selection; many of them appear very stylish. They’ll fold into a suitcase if you want to fly with your bike (also, in Taipei, I was told if one folds ones bike one can avoid the NT$100 charge one would otherwise pay for ones bike on certain MRT lines). And, while I didn’t give one a test spin, apparently they ride very well.

Just curious – why are you interested in a folding bike and where did you hear of Dahon?

PM AWOL

I saw the bikes at the show as well. Tonight when I get home I will post the name and address. I got their business card. Not sure if they sell or can tell you where. The reason I say this the business card if I recall correctly was for an address in the Trade Center Bldg.

Oops this was for the Giatex bike which has the advantage the frame telescopes instead of folds so the claim is it is stronger.

I have a very good Merida bike for riding into the mountains and to work. I thought the bike might suit me since I live in Hsinchu and would like to bike some in Taipei. I would hope folded up and in a bag I might be able to take on the train.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]I don’t know, but they had a very nice looking collection of bikes at the International Cycle Show last week.

I’ve always been extremely sceptical of folding bikes, assuming no “real” cyclist would ride one. I figured they were a mere gimmick for twice-a-year-cyclists living in small apartments and the supposed advantage (they can be stored in a small space) is outweighed by the disadvantages (the wheels and frame are too small, making them ineffective for more than a ride to the corner store, they’re too heavy, and the folding apparatus makes the frames weak). But, after viewing Dahon’s array of bikes at the show, I have a new respect for them. They’ve got a wide selection; many of them appear very stylish. They’ll fold into a suitcase if you want to fly with your bike (also, in Taipei, I was told if one folds ones bike one can avoid the NT$100 charge one would otherwise pay for ones bike on certain MRT lines). And, while I didn’t give one a test spin, apparently they ride very well.

Just curious – why are you interested in a folding bike and where did you hear of Dahon?[/quote]

In fact what you mentioned are alot of misconcept about folding bikes. You got to try it. I bought my first Dahon from Shanghai & I love it.
I own quite a couple different kinds of bike, but folding bike is catching alot of my attention.

check out these forum:

bbs.hzbike.com/index.asp?boardid=15

This forum is based in HangZhuo China. They have alot of folding lovers there.

bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=221

OK so I am home. For Giatex Bikes: website is www.giatexbikes.com Their address in Taipei is :Tapei 101 Room 3D-31 Hsin yi Rd.
Sales Manager Teresa Lee 2-2345-1035
e-mail giatex.bikes@msa.hinet.net

If you check it out, let us know what you think. On their web site the price is about $350 US, BTW how much is the other brand?

Looking at the pricing I think Dahon offers a better bike. You can have look at the Speed D7

acme.maxfortune.com.tw/max/front … ory=100315

Check 7park. I think they’re an authorized Dahon dealer. They had em in stock, the last I checked in with them.

02-2723-8246
02-2701-1595

I saw a couple of Dahon bikes in Xinhsiuang at RST Life. It is surely a store worth checking out. www.rstlife.com

Thanks guys.

So, did you get one?

Hey all

I’ve just arrived in Taipei and plan to do some mid-long distance rides when I can.

I’m looking to get me a Dahon Tournado. Does anyone know where I can get one of them?

I found the link below but unfortunately I’m Chinese illiterate so haven’t a clue what is on offer here - it is the right bike (but the wrong size) and I wonder if there is a way of getting the right bike from the site or from elsewhere
tw.f4.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/d39157864

Cheers

Dahon forum

Dahon dealers in the 'wan

I own an '08 Cadenza (lightly modded) that stays in Bitan, and '06 Cadenza (modded to ISO 622 wheelset, only the frame is stock) that stays in Tokyo, '05 Helios XL (goes in a kayak bag bungeed to the pillion of a touring moto), and a few other folders.