Daily Photos - Part 13

[quote=“Fox”]

[/quote]

Fox, I love the middle and bottom images especially. Can you explain how you got the different effects. It isn’t just less natural light in the middle image, surely?

I would guess that there was more natural light in the middle image. It’s darker but that is dependent on exposure. In the middle image there is a greater difference in light between the trees and the sky. Either you can expose the image for the sky and trees will be black or you can expose for the trees and the sky will be blown out (totally white).

It’s also easy to do HDR photos now which combine several different photos together and try to expose for both but I’m not really a fan of that photography. There are supposed to be shadows in photos.

Abacus is right. The bottom photo is a light reading off the water while the other on is off the sky. It really had to do with the available light. In fact the photos are taken on alternate sides of the same culvet. For the bottom image that was fine; for the middle, one I downed the highlights to get a natural sky.

Went to one of the harbours near Hsinchu (not Nanliao) and took some pics of the bike.

AA2T7351 by tmz_99, on Flickr

AA2T7375 by tmz_99, on Flickr

AA2T7327 by tmz_99, on Flickr

Insanely cool. How’d you do that?

the bike is lightpainted using an LED lightstick (such as the iceLED)
Ducati flag/logo was placed there using a pixelstick (basically a long tube of programabble full color LEDs).
I’m getting away from using strobe lights these days and doing more LED lighting… both are great tho.

“You’re being watched!”

flickr.com/photos/papaija2008/

A brief stopover in Beigang:
synapticism.com/a-brief-stopover-in-beigang/

(I posted some of these here before… but now there’s a gallery on my blog with a bit more information. Figured some might be interested…)

Ghent, Belgium, St.Bavo (outside)

m_Knights by Ludigel, on Flickr

Winter landscapes from my hometown Tampere, Finland:

:astonished: Why would you ever leave?

Now facing a move back home, I’m so terrified of the boring Southern California landscapes draining away my love for photography…

House of success:
synapticism.com/house-of-success-chiang-mai/

Lantau, Hong Kong

Nim Shue Wan, Discovery Bay, Hong Kong

Nim Shue Wan, Discovery Bay, Hong Kong

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]:eek: Why would you ever leave?

Now facing a move back home, I’m so terrified of the boring Southern California landscapes draining away my love for photography…[/quote]

You don’t know what you have in California. Even southern CA is stunning.

Bangkok:

flickr.com/photos/papaija2008

Make a cute face:
synapticism.com/make-a-cute-face/

These are going to be my last uploads from Ilha Formosa. Sigh. At least I got to go stretch my legs a bit these past two months.

Zhunan, Miaoli

Tainan

It doesn’t get more “typical Tainan” than this restaurant:

Well, maybe it does:

At “Taiwan’s first school”

More to come from Lukang, Taipei, and Taoyuan after touchdown.

Where to? And do you mean last ever… or just for a while?