Dalek caught hiding underwater!

I’m telling you, this isn’t the only one. They’re just sitting there, waiting…

[quote] Marc Oakland, 42, said: "I’d just shifted a tree branch with my foot when I noticed something dark and round slowly coming up to the surface. I got the shock of my life when a Dalek head bobbed up in front of me.

“It was covered in mould and weed, and had quite a bit of damage. One of the dome lights was smashed, but the eye-stalk was intact.”[/quote]

More at link: ananova.com/news/story/sm_3223221.html?menu=

I knew those bastards would be back. They are worse than the terminator. They are exterminators.

Like at the end of Episode 1 of 1963’s Dalek Invasion of Earth ?

[color=#FF0000]
EX-TER-MIN-ATE
[/color]

Oh yes. The days before laser-beams and digital special effects. When Daleks smoked and everything was black and white…those were the days.

[color=#FF0000]WE MUST DESTROY THE HUMANS[/color]

Yebbut, that was one of the thickie daleks, obviously.

‘Thickie’ because aren’t they electric? I mean, are daleks electric? I was wondering if electrical appliances had souls, then I remembered that Frank Zappa said ‘yes’, and rally aren’t humans just electrical items (I won’t say ‘white goods’ because obviously we come in a range of colours) with a really nifty power supply?

And the next bit’s called ‘Genesis’.

Slightly OT, but what were those robots with big ears called again?

[quote=“irishstu”]Slightly OT, but what were those robots with big ears called again?[/quote]Vulcans.

Oh, those ones! I know what you mean. Dunno what they’re called. I never watched Dr Who. Was it good?

Cyber-men. Like us, really.

Cyber-men. Like us, really.[/quote]

Oh yeah, I had it in my head that they were called Cylons, but that’s the other fellas.

Did the Cyber-men and the Daleks ever fight each other?

Cyber-men. Like us, really.[/quote]

Oh yeah, I had it in my head that they were called Cylons, but that’s the other fellas.

Did the Cyber-men and the Daleks ever fight each other?[/quote]

Yes, at the Battle for Canary Wharf. But Cyber-weapons were useless against the Daleks.

They are similar creatures in some ways. Having started as biological beings augmented by technology, they may be anological allegories for our own future.

In the future they don’t have stairs

[quote=“pubba”]In the future they don’t have stairs[/quote]They’ve been shown going up stairs twice (at least)

They grew a pair?

They grew a pair?[/quote]No, they had a wibbly wobbly hovery glowing effect underneath.

Oh! Ok. I used to be terrified of Daleks as a kid and in my nightmares I would avoid them by running up the back stairs into my house :laughing:

Do you guys like the new Dr Who series?

Haven’t seen it (yet). Also curious to know if it’s worth watching.

Back to the old series, were there any other baddies apart from the Daleks and the Cyber-men? I honestly can’t remember.

The new series played last month on channel 12 but its finished now. It was excellent. David Tennant is a great Doctor.

The last four remaining Daleks tried to take over the earth again - from London, as usual.

The Master came back and died again and the Doctor held him in his arms and cried. Now the Doctor is the only Timelord left. I almost cried too but I didn’t because I’m not a pussy.

There was only one, and his name was Noddy. And I’m not so sure he was a robot.