Dance clubs in southern Taiwan

When I went to Kaohsiung the DNA was a pretty good dance club. Loaded with foreigners, as the boss is an Irishman and unlike most dance clubs they play a variety of dance music - rock’n’roll, even country - not just generic techno crap.

I’m hurt, I love that techno crap. :cry: Well, actually, I don’t care to much for techno, as in the genre. But since all electronic music seems to be labeled as techno, then that’s what I’ll refer to it as. But all in all, there’s really nothing wrong with it. I think it’s a lot easier to dance to than rap and rock. I guess I could dance to country, but I’m not the biggest fan.

I suppose liking or disliking techno has a lot to do with the dj and his selection. A bad dj playing bad songs (or even good songs for that matter) can make a huge difference. From the music I’ve been hearing here, I can understand why you wouldn’t like techno Well, that and a persons age. If you’re older, then that has an influence too. I’ll give ya a lesson in techno someday if ya want. Even my best friend, who is a die-hard classic rock fan, now listens to my music. Music is music right?

oZzo

Ozzo,

Just come down to Kaohsiung on a Friday/Sat. night and head up DNA or the Honky Tonk on Chung Cheng(about 3 blocks from DNA). The places are packed and it’s easy to to get the low down for the night from anybody there. It’s tough not to find a happy person the Tonk as it has an all you can drink special for $400 . There’s a few clubs around the area(Vivid, Shoom, Magic,Speed) . They all play decent music and get better as the night wears on.

Ditto Ozzo!!

DJs sure makes a big difference on if you like techno or not. My friend went to a club once and it was the worse DJ EVER!!! So she have been hating it ever since… :blush:

Excellent Chillin. I think that’s enough to go on. I’ll be there sometime in the near future. Just look for the tall mean looking :sunglasses: white guy that appears not to fit in. L Guess that could cover everyone eh?

Miaka…take your friend to see a good DJ!!!

oZzo

Ozzo,

Glad the previous post will be of help to you. Don’t know what you got planned this weekend but I know there’s an old skool house/funky beats party at the Voodoo Lounge on Szwei Rd, near Guanghua(again, about 5 mins from DNA/Honky Tonk). They’re advertising 4 DJ’s tho’ don’t recognize any of the names(all locals) As well, I hear there’s a big party up in Taichung this weekend, near the train station. Any forumosan’s able to confirm this. Apparently it’s in an old shopping center and their setting up 4 floors, each with a different sound. Bunch of boys from down here are heading up. Could be a possiblity. Have also heard that ATT near the Kaohsiung train station is open again, with DJ’s playing some good progressive trance.

Damn, I DEFINATELY have to hook up with a local (or a friendly formosan) who lives out in my area to give me some basics on getting around. From the sound of it, there’s plenty to offer in the South. I really don’t mind making the trek alone, but since my mandarin is practically nil, it makes for a difficulty finding these places if I don’t get it right the first time. “Excuse me sir, can you tell me where the dance club is?? THE DANCE CLUB…mimicking dancing Yeah yeah!! Dancing!! Ok, well thanks anyway…” :laughing: Well, that’s how I figure the conversation would go anyhow.

Ok, so maybe not this weekend, but definately next weekend. Anyone have a phone number of an ex-gf in the south they’d like to give me? L Figure I’d try!!

oZzo