Danger at Carefour

First of all, I

This store is safer:

What the hell were you doing at Carrefour when there is a brand new one of these in Xin Dian?

Joking aside, this is pretty bad. I’d hit the roof if I found a toothpick in my bread. Perhaps you should contact the HQ in France and inform them of what has happened.
There is a McDonalds thread here where someone was pissed off with the service here in Taiwan. They contacted the office in the US and got some progress after failing to get anything done about it here.
Perhaps you should take some of the advice posted on that thread.

Contact the head office in Taiwan and talk to a foreign person in the organization to get your needs met.

Also tell them costco has a worker at the end of their escalators to direct the traffic and get them moving even help with the pulling of the shopping carts. I always appreciated that because there are loads of people and you know how some of them don’t know the cause and effects of their actions.

[quote]The biggest problem is that the second time something like that has happened[/quote]I’ve heard of that happening in another Carrefour, people getting crushed by trolleys that can’t get off and no way to stop the escalator, So make that 3 times, if not more.

I finally have an answer for the curious activity of helpers at Costco on the off section of the moving ramps.

Its to save pileups.

Now, all I need is an answer to why all Chinese stand still on moving walk ways.

They think it’s a free ride.

[quote=“sticks of fury”]

Also tell them costco has a worker at the end of their escalators to direct the traffic and get them moving even help with the pulling of the shopping carts. I always appreciated that because there are loads of people and you know how some of them don’t know the cause and effects of their actions.[/quote]

I’ve been a couple of times to Neihu Costco on a Sunday and have only seen accidents like the one described by the OP - no helpers at the ends and trolleys crashing over at the bottom. Stupid people at the top of the line still pushing on to get to the free food samples down stairs despite other shoppers shouting that there has been an accident/crash etc.

[quote=“Dangermouse”]This store is safer:

What the hell were you doing at Carrefour when there is a brand new one of these in Xin Dian?[/quote]

Where in Xin Dian is the new Tesco?

whoops!

My yearlong battle with Carrefoure is over. After 3 serious and many non-serious accidents they finally have people controlling the flow of traffic going on and off the escalators. I don