Danhai LRT line now open

They really seem obsessed with driving that tram through there somehow.

Me, it’s too congested even now.

Is it Zhongzheng road that people are concerned about? Or the small short Gongming street?

I wonder if the line will conflict with the heavy traffic on Zhongzheng road.

There’s literally only a sidewalk wide space in some places along the river.

The news story doesn’t mention street names… duh, that wouldn’t be important for a news story about streets…

1 Like

Just Zhongzheng it seems, or alternately down the riverfront prominade, or now apparently by the riverside. I can’t see why the Wenhua road section isn’t enough, and maybe add a station at the north end of Zhongzheng

So the plan is for this thing to cross the mouth of the river to Bali?

Guy

San Francisco has several street car lines that run on city roads largely without many accidents

And there are dedicated stretches like under market street and a few tunnels

They are much nicer than buses and very popular so popular in fact that currently due to Covid they are not in service but buses are

Go figure

1 Like

That would be something !!

yes afaik on the newly constructed zaha hadid designed bridge

2 Likes

7 Likes

Ahhh must be the world’s longest single mast asymmetric cable stayed structure

It’s hard to see from the map, are they planning for this to run down the pedestrian old street, or the pedestrian seafront walkway?

If its either of these options : are they fucking drunk?
Run it along the traffic road, these pedestrian streets are already chock a block.

2 Likes

I keep wondering what kind of investor is involved in Fisherman’s Wharf or other real estate projects along the coast, and what kinds of connections they have to MRT development.

Because, yeah, putting a line through that seems insane. I mean, I suppose in a way it’d limit crowds, because it’d destroy a big part of the reason for coming to Danshui, but still … ugh.

This thing does accept the all pass ticket right?

I think so

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

I just rode it it. It shows your money but I looked closer and it said -0 when I scanned it after I got off so I guess it does

2 Likes

20 posts were split to a new topic: Danshui Living

As a former Tamsui district liver the money move for a morning commute is to scoot to Hongshulin station and take the MRT in the wrong direction. That way you get a seat and can sleep for 40 minutes. If it’s not rush hour then drive into the Tamsui MRT car park.

5 Likes

Power move.

1 Like

What did you get reincarnated as, a Hsinyi District kidney? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Songshan spleen

3 Likes