Dante and coffeeman

Hey guys , been away for a few years. Used to enjoy the DANTE and COFFEeman chain cafes. They still around ?? Whats new in chain cafes nowadays?

Never heard of coffeman but I go to Dante once in a while. You can get a large coffee and a treat for 100 bucks. I like their coffee. 50 bucks for a large. They make it quickly with one of those auto espresso coffee machines that you just push a button for your selection with. They have wireless as well but you have to pay for it as far as I know.

Also not too much annoying commercial shite all over the place and loud music.

Never heard of Coffeeman either.

Dante are everywhere, so is their biggest local competitor Ikari, and there’s a Starbucks on about every corner.

IS Coffee and Japan’s Doutor have been a downhill slope the past few years, closing lots of outlets. I like IS for its cream bagels, but then I never had the real thing in the States, so what do I know.

Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf - maybe that’s what you mean - closed down after just a couple of years presence here.

[quote=“enzo+”]Never heard of Coffeeman either.

Dante are everywhere, so is their biggest local competitor Ikari, and there’s a Starbucks on about every corner.

IS Coffee and Japan’s Doutor have been a downhill slope the past few years, closing lots of outlets. I like IS for its cream bagels, but then I never had the real thing in the States, so what do I know.

Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf - maybe that’s what you mean - closed down after just a couple of years presence here.[/quote]

thanks for the update. MY fav was Dante and i liked Doutor a lot too. Coffeeman probably had only a few stores?

dante had drinks and food made at a central location to keep the standard the same. and they often hired cute chicks. and there were a lot of cuties that went there too. Aint nothin wrong with that in my book :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

so now its down to Ikari, Starbucks and Dante? (not necessarily in that order) What happened to SBC Seattles Best Coffee? They had at least 2 posh stores last i was there?

oh Starbucks doesnt have bagels with cream cheese there??? Thats a biggie here at the starbucks
Actually i often thought that the Taiwan Starbucks are better then the usa ones. A bit nicer .

[quote=“tommy525”]
oh Starbucks doesnt have bagels with cream cheese there??? Thats a biggie here at the starbucks
Actually i often thought that the Taiwan Starbucks are better then the USA ones. A bit nicer .[/quote]

For that, there’s NY Bagels; not the best in the world, but open 24hrs with bagels/breakfast anytime of the day. :hungry:

Starbucks used to have bagels with cream cheese. They also used to have cinnamon apple pretzels.

I had a bagel in Starbucks about two or three weeks ago. It’s the only thing edible in there.

Had an egg and ham sandwich in there. Was full of powdered peanut, which I am very allergic to. I asked before I bought it. The girl looked at me as if I were crazy and said ‘the label says egg and ham’. I showed her the peanut and my swelling hands, feet and face and asked for the manager. He said it was ok not to label the sandwiches because even if it did have peanut, Chinese people aren’t allergic to peanuts, only Westerners. This was in 101. He did offer me a glass of water and a free sandwich of my choice, but I had to get to the clinic for some meds.

I just remembered that incident; I should write to Starbucks and tell them they are shite.

I had a bagel in Starbucks about two or three weeks ago. It’s the only thing edible in there.

Had an egg and ham sandwich in there. Was full of powdered peanut, which I am very allergic to. I asked before I bought it. The girl looked at me as if I were crazy and said ‘the label says egg and ham’. I showed her the peanut and my swelling hands, feet and face and asked for the manager. He said it was ok not to label the sandwiches because even if it did have peanut, Chinese people aren’t allergic to peanuts, only Westerners. This was in 101. He did offer me a glass of water and a free sandwich of my choice, but I had to get to the clinic for some meds.

I just remembered that incident; I should write to Starbucks and tell them they are shite.[/quote]

wow i feel sorry for you. YOU have to SUE THEIR ASSES OFF. They have to realize that PEANUTS and other nuts are very dangerous for some people and warn before serving anything with nuts.
just because virtually no chinese is allergic to nuts of any kind (even in traffic) doesnt mean they (being an american enterprise should forget about those who are unfortunate enough to be afflicted)