Dartboard (nothing too fancy)

Hey I’m looking for a cheap/sturdy dartboard to put in my room. I live in Hsinchu, so maybe one of the big stores would have it? Does anybody know for sure, I don’t have a scooter and dont want to waste $$$ on taxis.

Also, anyone know which of the big box stores carries protein powder? I don’t have a gym nor do I have a costco membership. Thanks!!!

[quote=“dasmania”]Hey I’m looking for a cheap/sturdy dartboard to put in my room. I live in Hsinchu, so maybe one of the big stores would have it? Does anybody know for sure, I don’t have a scooter and dont want to waste $$$ on taxis.

Also, anyone know which of the big box stores carries protein powder? I don’t have a gym nor do I have a costco membership. Thanks!!![/quote]

What kind of board? Old fashioned type found in pubs taverns in US and UK? Get ready for sticker shock. You’re looking at 1500 to over 5000NT. Just insanely expensive for what might cost 30 to 60 bucks in the States. Even less in the UK. You won’t see one at major retailers in Taiwan. You can pick one up at a couple of darts shops up here in Taipei, or get one mail order. Taiwan yahoo auctions. The biggest darts shop in Taipei also has a website and does mail order. 0123450.com/dartSale.htm Sorry, these sites are all in Chinese. If you can’t read Chinese, you’ll need someone to help you order and pay. Quite simple here in Taiwan.

Know any friends coming from the UK, NZ, Aus. or the States? Ask them to bring one back for you. Going to HK or know anyone going to HK? Get one there. Much, much cheaper than Taiwan.

Haha that’s crazy! Well I’m going to go sign up at Costco today so maybe they have a shitty version of one, just want it for my room to practice. Thanks!

This is the cheapest sisal board you’ll find in Taiwan. Get it at yahoo auctions. $1000 NT plus shipping and handling.

tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction … tsrch=srp3
Supplier is located in Tainan.

The photo on the link shows two boards side by side. The board on the left is a paper wound board. If you can find these, they go for around 500 to 600 NT. Shiny metal around the circumference tells you it’s a paper board.

The board on the right is thicker and is the sisal board for 1000NT. The wires on the face of the board are nothing fancy, but for practice they are ok. If you hit too many wires shooting at triples, just take the spider off the board.