Dating apps in Taiwan

Well, I’m late 30s but of course trying to date down lol, to like early 30s :cowboy_hat_face:
I get matches who are late 20s, but of course it’s a numbers game and all my matches went nowhere and then I stopped getting them once the algos kicked in

2 Likes

Try to date up. Wanhua has many 60+ ladies who like to mingle after a cup of tea. :grin:

5 Likes

I heard this also gets you a free COVID test thrown in.

Guy

3 Likes

Is there not the “leftover women” phenomenon in Taiwan which seems to be very prominent in mainland China that women over 30 are essentially not marriable any longer?

1 Like

Well, for that matter, in the US women over 30 are rarely marriable. They all have issues, or kids, or are aren’t attractive.

(Said as an unmarried guy over 30)

At least here there doesn’t seem to be a lot of single moms

1 Like

i think this is not true in taiwan:

same, although i perhaps could have stuck with it longer but once i started working i didn’t want my face on there

if this is your opinion, you will probably find that it holds true in other countries as well

yes, in part because the women aren’t getting married in the first place (and other reasons)

1 Like

You’re joking right?

Starting to wonder if maybe you’re just a tad judgmental? There are plenty of “good” and “bad” people in all age ranges.

Maybe your expectations are too high? Taiwan isn’t Thailand. Not a huge number of women proactively looking to date foreigners. Lots of women don’t speak English, or aren’t confident enough in their English to be interested in dating an English speaker. And you don’t speak Chinese I take it?

Taiwanese lifestyle and culture is different than the states, so the dating is different too.

Anyways, don’t think Taiwan will be a great place to date in the coming months due to the outbreak.

2 Likes

Astonishing. Usually women are much more focussed on marriage than men and here it is the other way round😱

My standards are high, but in a country where 1/3 of the population is obese and another overweight, it’s easy for most women over 30 to be unmarriable. Of the third that’s left, there’s generally some reason or another I wouldn’t date them or they wouldn’t date me (they have kids, they’re looking for a man who “puts Jesus first” or some other nonsense, they want kids (I don’t), they have a sleeve tattoo, etc, etc. Dating pool gets small quickly.

Here, a lot of the girls are attractive, but it’s the language barrier that’s the issue. Plus culture etc

2 Likes

A colleague and I were recently swapping stories about Thailand; he’s been here longer than I have and made a similar observation (adding also that the acceptable age difference was not as liberal as in Thailand)

i could understand women not wanting to marry into a tea-house culture where they are expected to raise the children and run the household and take care of all the parents; when the option is get a job and be free to hang out with friends and take selfies and go travel, seems like a no-brainer.

5 Likes

Use Instagram instead, make sure to get a couple of really hot girls following you. Soon you will have a couple 100 local girls following you. Then just post that you invite someone on a trip to X next weekend because a friend just cancelled and you don’t want to go alone… got me each time at least 2-3 offers from girls with 5000 followers plus and 5-10 overall each time.

I don’t look for ONS however. Really prefer to spend at least a week together… and I only consider girls who do 3-4 times weekly sports. Which lowers my potential number a lot given how unsportive girls are in Taiwan… if a girl cannot Run 12km in one hour I don’t consider her as a girlfriend. If it was only about great looking choice was plenty.

Language exchange works well in terms of numbers, but low quality matches mostly. Also I don’t want to speak English. I came to Taiwan for learning Chinese mainly.

Eatgether is great for meeting up. Get premium account there, but only works with good chinese (while tinder is the opposite, only works well for English). Then just go to meetups with good looking girls or better schedule your own one’s and put down its your treat. If you have a car your a king on eatgether.

I am good looking, highly sportive and decent money. Though I live frugal meaning I don’t spend much over 100k Ntd per month or so, mainly spend on food and travel in Taiwan. So couldn’t bother in buying a car even though that would increase your match rate a lot…

Mainland China was way better for me. Only problem was 80 percent of the matches there wanted to marry… My Instagram is also way worse than my mainland Chinese social media in terms of followers. Mainland works way better for me. I didn’t expect Taiwan to be so much harder. I did notice that after having spent 4-5 month here and pictures of traveling Taiwan every week it got much better. Pictures outside Taiwan don’t help you much here.
Taiwan is decent overall.

I pretty quickly settled down on a girlfriend and only shortly before leaving Taiwan for summer split up and looked for dates again. But as I used eatgether a lot to just meet up and practice Chinese plus Instagram growing in Taiwanese followers noted what works and what not. I still haven’t found a girl I consider to marry, which is kinda my long term goal. Decided on the girlfriend more cause she more or less matched my standards and had a lot of free time so I always had someone to talk chinese by my side.

2 Likes

Wait didn’t you assure us you’d be on a plane by now? :rofl:

Guy

3 Likes

So after reading this masterpiece I think the important question is: how many cumulative followers do all the women you’ve slept with in Taiwan have?

Also, I really like your “she has to be able to run 12km in one hour” rule. What’s the best way to test this? Is a treadmill test OK?

Also also, do you think it’s appropriate to ask for a V̇O₂ max test on the 1st date? Or should that wait for the 2nd date?

7 Likes

I just landed in Vienna… and well asking for how sportive someone is if she is not posting pictures on her social media that can make you know it is like first thing to weed out matches.

1 Like

Great tips! We definitely don’t have the same definition of living frugally though :rofl:

3 Likes

So if she looks “sportive” on social media, is the V̇O₂ max test optional?

1 Like

It’s amazing this is not addressed in the media. It’s the top five reasons I’ve been told by women here.

Good luck.

1 Like

Well as I said, get a car that is not too old, or premium, and get on eatgether organise trips to places. Once you have 10 reviews or so you can get to meet loads of girls joining in your trips and if you make 2 person trips with you inviting it’s kinda clear that a bit of flirting will happen.

You need to converse in all Chinese however. Few people with decent english