“Dating” over long distance?

I am trying to follow …yes or no…but :ponder:

So OP, you’ve had everything from block her and pretend it never happened to fly to her side and prepare for humiliation. Or you could do nothing and see what happens - which is, I suspect, your preferred option.

I’m a great believer in instinct, so as you aren’t already on the KLM flight to TW I’d discount that option. I also feel you lack the balls to block her. So you’re stuck, along with countless advisers, in some sort of nowhere land where you fudge a compromise solution you’ll look back on when you’re 65 and deeply regret.

Don’t fret. Living a mediocre life is something practised and enjoyed by billions.

Enjoy.

1 Like

I speak for the mediocrities on the forum. I’m their patron saint

Yeah, I suspected you were :kissing_heart:

Somehow I seriously doubt that. How many people deeply regret anything they didn’t do?

2 Likes

As a first year medic on a three month rotation on a geriatric ward I had the privilege - and it was a privilege, I’m not being sarcastic - of spending time with those receiving end of life care.

I was surprised at the number of people who, despite having led what I considered to be very successful and fortunate lives, retained a deep sense of regret over the opportunities in life they’d let slip through their fingers. And yes, most were related to people they’d known who they should have fought for, loved more deeply, supported more bravely or let walk away without doing everything to hold them close.

Regret is always related to not taking the difficult step for fear of failure, humiliation, whatever. So we convince ourselves it’s the right thing to do the easy thing.

You have no regrets about things you didn’t do, Dr Milker? Really? I suspect the medic who cares for you in your final hours may hear a different tale…

1 Like

That was probably the meds talking. :wink:

I’ve already found peace and equanimity through my daily meditation practice (oh, and shitposting).

I absolve you

A good Kavalan whisky tends to have that effect.

That was probably the meds talking.

Trust me, they were more compos mentis that most of the posters I’ve encounter thus far.

Is that your informed medical opinion?

No, not an informed opinion. Merely an opinion :stuck_out_tongue:

Opinions are like chrysanthemums…everybody has one. :sunglasses:

Indeed they do.

And I like your use of chrysanthemums. Paints a certain picture, though I can’t think of what… :thinking:

You’re insulting him now? Classy.

this is the start point of everyone except for you… Iiuc.

Strangely enough Drew, I wasn’t speaking to you, I was speaking to the OP. Confusing, isn’t it?

I’m sure he’s a big boy and can accept a euphemism in the manner in which it was intended. However, if he isn’t and wishes to complain in person, he’ll have my full and unreserved apology.

As for you, if you want to feel insulted on behalf of others I’m sure there are many other threads which would welcome your input.

Possibly.

How much do you love the sound of your own voice on a scale of 1 to 10?

Here you go Scooter Boy’s going to tell you what’s what. Get ready for some wisdom