Dating & Relationships Forum Formula

I’ve been reading through this forum over the past week or so, although previoulsy I had ignored it. It’s controversial, and my God do I love controversy. It doesn’t take a genius to see an obvious, clear pattern on this forum, which is good because genius I am not. But I’ll give it a go anyways.

Theme #1: Foreign men (read: mostly white guys) drone on about how hot Taiwanese women are, usually accompanied by a fair bit of bashing on our women folk. Bashing typically involves accusing Western women of not being as thin, feminine, or sexy as the local girls. Or, more pointedly, that Western women are fat, manly, argumentative and in general a big turn off.

Sub-theme A: Women folk become furious at the idea they are not as
  attractive as the local xiaojies, or anyhow pissed off at the insults. 
  Someone mentions stragbasher as a potential suitor.

Sub-theme B: Western men rescind their original posts or responses, 
  and proceed to point out that every country on the face of the earth
  has attractive women, etc.

Sub-theme C: Women folk don't fall for it, and accuse foreign men in
  Taiwan as being overly selective, hostile, and arrogant. This goes on
  ad nauseum until twelve pages are filled up in three hours.

Theme #2: Foreign (err, Western) women lament their lonely lots on The Beautiful Island, and pine for the good old days of yore in the Old Country when men folk actually liked them. Someone mentions stragbasher.

Sub-theme A: Western men respondly with chivalry, once again 
   pointing out that every square inch of land in the whole wide world
   has attractive women, and that they love their own dear Western
   mothers. Then they log off Forumosa and go look for some local xiao
   jies to keep them warm. Someone mentions stragbasher.

Sub-theme B: Other, more bitter Western men point out that our
   women folk just plain deserve it, because they are (see end of Theme
   #1). 

Sub-theme C: See Sub-Theme B of Theme #1. This goes on
   ad nauseum until twelve pages are filled up in three hours.

Oh, and MaPoSquid will usually say something intelligent about why he prefers Taiwanese women, which will be either taken as a personal affront or completely ignored.

Someone mentions stragbasher.

This happened before D&R was set up. Some hoped that putting these posts together in one forum people could see them and not repeat the tired old points again. Maybe they were too optimistic.
So if your post contains any of the above points, don’t bother posting it. Unless it’s nice to other posters, or it mentions Stragbasher.

Thanks gao_bo_han. I think your post is a very good summary of the typical themes on Forumosa re: men and women in Taiwan. You saved me a ton of time to put something like this together for the FAQ. :bravo: If the opportunity ever presents itself, I shall buy you your favorite poison :slight_smile:.

Cheers
=YC

What about that Stragbasher eh?

[quote=“Tetsuo”]What about that Stragbasher eh?[/quote]He’s a studmuffin.

I sense a buttered split here…

No, it isn’t. 98 percent of the posts are purile.
But thanks for taking so much time to tell me what I already knew in electon microscopy. :wink:

[color=red]It reminds me of the joke about the Hasidic rabbi who says all sexual positions are acceptable except for one: standing up, “because that could lead to dancing.”[/color]

[quote]Thanks gao_bo_han. I think your post is a very good summary of the typical themes on Forumosa re: men and women in Taiwan. You saved me a ton of time to put something like this together for the FAQ. If the opportunity ever presents itself, I shall buy you your favorite poison .

Cheers
=YC[/quote]

It was my pleasure YC. I never imagined this would make the FAQ but I’ll be right happy if it does. Oh and I’m rather conventional, preferring cold beer or warm whiskey myself. Thanks a lot :slight_smile: