Davos, what a joke!

The rich and powerfull are going to talk about the increasing divide of rich and poor … really? What do they know about being poor?

Responses to dumb posts were sent from my Nexus 7, I hate Apple BTW, with Tapatalk 8

This Invite-only event costs 20,000 US$ for you to step inside :slight_smile:.

Do the poor get invited? And get a discount?

Responses to dumb posts were sent from my Nexus 7, I hate Apple BTW, with Tapatalk 8

Probably quite a lot. Many of them depend on poor customers to keep stumping up the cash in order to keep them rich.

I think they’re probably talking about how to make the divide larger.

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]The rich and powerfull are going to talk about the increasing divide of rich and poor … really? What do they know about being poor?
[/quote]

Bill Gates will be there as usual, I saw him on CNN this morning, seemed to me he knows a fair bit about the subject.

Wow, a Gates fan … let’s be serious here, Davos will do nothing and will not change anything to the financial divide, ever … with or without Gates. It’s a bunch of seemingly ‘important’ people gathering and wasting money.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]Wow, a Gates fan … let’s be serious here, Davos will do nothing and will not change anything to the financial divide, ever … with or without Gates. It’s a bunch of seemingly ‘important’ people gathering and wasting money.
[/quote]

I think Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation spend something like 3.5 billion in aid last year. A number only a handful of countries can match. He’s still one of (if not the most) wealthy people on the planet and I wouldnt know where to start on a long list of complaints I have with windows, so not sure Im a fan.

When he first started out the charity foundation, I was pretty skeptical on how effective it would be. But you know, he’s a pretty smart guy, I not sure it isn’t such a bad idea for companies, that have so much power and wealth to step up to the plate where in the past we left it all to Governments and politicians to make all the decisions and make all the policies. Because the latter in my view are proving to be utterly incompetent at best and just as likely to be corrupt.

Still, Im sure youre right, theres a lot of smooching and networking, and probably little to anything tangible will result. But, I’ve got a lot more faith that a bunch of CEO’s of successful companies will get something useful going, than a bunch of politicians.

His aid is specific and not aimed at closing the wealth gap.
Davos is not Bill Gates … Davos is a show, see and be seen, networking to make even more money. In all the years that Davos took place, show me what they’ve accomplished.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]His aid is specific and not aimed at closing the wealth gap.
Davos is not Bill Gates … Davos is a show, see and be seen, networking to make even more money. In all the years that Davos took place, show me what they’ve accomplished.
[/quote]

Wish I could Belgian Pie. Seems to be same old same old. About as useful as a bad case of the clap. Yesterday Japanese prime minister is warning of Chinas military expansion, China responds by calling him a trouble maker. Day two Irans leader steps up and says Irans nuclear program is peaceful, Israel PM responds by calling bullshit.

Actually the Davosa watches are quite nice.