Dead fish all over South Danshui river

3 Likes

Saturday afternoon Xindian river just after Gutin Riverside Park

4 Likes

Expect some special discounts on lunch boxes containing fish. /jk

2 Likes

Definitely don’t plan to be ordering anything with fish balls for a long time.

2 Likes

Oh no, you really went there. There’s no fucking COVID in Taiwan. How could there be a connection?

1 Like

Maybe they are building 5G towers near where the fish died? Corona - 5G link theory not dead yet!

5 Likes

It jumped from people to fish. Now that all the fish reserves will soon be depleted it will have nothing to do but mutate into an even more dangerous form that causes human flesh to turn into scales. It will be able to spread in the water, of course, because we’re still talking about Covid19 so every single feature will be a pain in the arse.

China infected our fish.

1 Like

Cool. So we’ll be half men half fish?

Yes…if you drink pure water. The cure will be to replace water with green tea, but big pharma will try to hide it and anyone drinking tea will be labeled a far right conspiracy theorist.

美人魚

A hospital dumped their Covid-19 waste in the middle of the night.

Or maybe raw sewage from Covid-19 hotspot has been dumping into it.

Your turn.

1 Like

I’d say it was cauSed by global warming but I don’t think it was hot this year till last week. Possibly as Finley said the river ecosystem is out of whack with the amount of sewage in the water, which fertilises also blooms and suck the oxygen out. .But there wasn’t any mention of algae so it could been the very high temp that did it (with eutrophication levels exacerbating the oxygen problem ).

2 Likes

We don’t have no covid.

1 Like

But was it particularly high?

Yes 36C

We have had a few days of summery heat? Obviously thats nothing compared the months of never ending hell in the real summer. So this can’t be down to the heat or all the fish would be dead every summer time.

1 Like

Probably their numbers build up over the winter, the warmer winters we’ve been having probably help them. Now the weak have been culled out and the strong will survive the summer heat.

Or Covid

2 Likes

I’d be concerned about a sudden influx of cheap cat food. I mean I doubt cats care if the fish the food is made from is rotting fish.

Yeah? When? It’s been hot but not that hot!