Dear you. (Lurkers lament.)

Dear You,

Are you a lurker? Have you spent days, weeks, months or years reading on Forumosa, but have never made a post? Well, it’s the New Year. How about a resolution? I for one would like to see more lurkers make the leap to poster. I have a good friend who I know lurks. I am sure he would have many interesting things to say, and could contribute greatly to our ‘discussions’ or would have valuable information to impart. He, like you, just needs a nudge.

This is that nudge. Go ahead dear lurker, write something. We need your valuable knowledge, and we value your opinions.

Go ahead, make everyone’s day! :slight_smile:

Uncle Tom.

You’re right, TomHill!!!

I’ve been lurking for far too long and I’ve just now decided to post for the first time, thanks to you and your encouragement!

(OK, it’s my first post today)

(OK, maybe my first post this hour)

(Maybe…)

Lurkers of the world, unite. You don’t have to post. I am half lurker on my mother’s side. It is better to have people think you have nothing constructive to say than to post and find out for sure. Oh yes, the lurkers control the means of production.

“Lurk” maybe my favorite word.

Is it “The Long, Dark Tea-Time of the Soul”, or “Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency” in which Dirk one day discovers his refrigerator “lurking in the corner” and resolves to never open it again?

Lurkers, lurk away!

Lurking is acceptable for sure, and I do not endorse verbal diarrhea, I simply extend a hand to those who lurk and suggest that they may have something valuable to add.

Of course, some posters just like to be a flippant arse, that is their perogative.

Lurking is acceptable for sure, and I do not endorse verbal diarrhea, I simply extend a hand to those who lurk and suggest that they may have something valuable to add.

Of course, some posters just like to be a flippant arse, that is their perogative.[/quote]

Oh I see. I finally post and this is what I get. That’s it. I’m lurking again! (Till 12.44 at least)

Of course, no one on this board would be flippant - least of all Tom Hill!

What is the purpose of raining on a thread that encourages new people to post?

Dr. Hfuhruhurr: You! You’re the elevator killer! Merv Griffin!

Merv Griffin: Yeah.

Dr. Hfuhruhurr: Why?

Merv Griffin: I don’t know. I’ve always just loved to kill. I really enjoyed it. But then I got famous, and - it’s just too hard for me. And so many witnesses. I mean, everybody recognized me. I couldn’t even lurk anymore. I’d hear, “Who’s that lurking over there? Isn’t that Merv Griffin?” So I came to Europe to kill. And it’s really worked out very well for me.

–“The Man With Two Brains”

We’re having a forumosa lurkers get-together tonight at Daan park.
I’ll be there, but you won’t see me.

:laughing: :laughing:
Damn but it’s good when you step out of the shadows RichardM!!

HG

Look, I don’t really have any problems with the invitation to de-lurk, but can we please qualify things a little?
For example, for starters, PLEASE don’t de-lurk unless you are fully prepared to limit your postings to banal, ill-thought out, insensitive, and emotionally charged outbursts that you can guarantee have been posted previously by no fewer than 20 people.
Also, do endeavour to disregard even the most rudimentary standards of usage, grammar, and punctuation.
Thanks, and welcome aboard!!!

If all lurkers are jerkers, and some jerkers are workers then all workers must be lurkers.

Is the above statement true or false?

Hi, my name is Craig and I’m a lurker. OT Is there a 12 step program for lurkerism?

A lurker leaps into the light. Nice one Craig. Hope to see more of you on the boards. My work here is done.

[quote=“TomHill”]My work here is done.[/quote] :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I agree, nice to see you post Craig and welcome.

bobepine

[quote=“Jaboney”]“Lurk” maybe my favorite word.

Is it “The Long, Dark Tea-Time of the Soul”, or “Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency” in which Dirk one day discovers his refrigerator “lurking in the corner” and resolves to never open it again?

Lurkers, lurk away![/quote]

The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul (don’t forget the issue of the hair in the fridge and of clean sheets). The better of the two…well, second best of the three if he had been alive to finish The Salmon of Doubt. The Salmon of Doubt had a very promising, hilarious beginning and could have been the best Dirk Gently book if it had been completed. I’ll never forgive Adams’s heart for robbing us of one of the greatest writers ever.
:frowning:

Anyways, to get back on topic, lurkers get your post on!

There are also registered lurkers, as my tiny post count indicates. I read the forums fairly often (a couple of times a week), but seldom post. Often I am too tired to post or feel I won’t contribute anything anyway. This of course doesn’t keep a lot of you regular guys from posting :smiley:

Actually there is another forum (which I check daily) I have been lurking for over 3 years without registering, which is alomst bizzare I think. Oh well…

Imani, have you read “Last chance to see” yet?
I do so love that man. sob

Well, I