Death certificate

To summarise, imo, the first thing she needs to do may be getting her marriage certificate authenticated by TECO covering her country. Many of TECO offices do the service by a snail mail.

She needs a representative in Taiwan, and for that she may need a power of attorney letter authenticated by TECO with copies of her ID.

A document describing why she needs his household registration info may need to be authenticated too. Some kind of official document might be better, such as a report to police or court action in her country.

Her representative should be able to check the guy’s household registration record, and if his death is recorded, she can get the death certificate.

If his death is not recorded, I would contact to his relatives if I could get any contact through his household registration. The worst result is just cannot get their help.

To get the death declaration by taiwanese court, if it is possible, I guess she anyway needs to take a contact with his relatives in Taiwan to get enough proof of his disappearance. She might need to report his disappearance to police in her country to get an official proof. Without enough proof of disappearance, the court wouldn’t declare his death based on a claim by his foreign wife who is not registered in his household registration.

Other thing she could do would be to keep track of his passport issued by her country through her country’s NIA or police, or to post his name and photo on SNS.

Nope. They want to prove their loyalty to China by kissing *** deeper than anyone before, pardon my French.