I’m putting this in ‘fun and games’ because it’s not entirely serious. I’m curious if there is any correlation (on Forumosa at least) between religious faith and fear of COVID. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be a simple way to set up a poll with multiple variables.
Q1: The possibility that I or someone I care for will die of COVID is:
- High enough to keep me awake at night, and to justify big changes to the way I live my life
- High enough to make me rather anxious
- Not particularly worrying, but not irrelevant either
- Low enough that it doesn’t figure much on my personal radar of danger
- Almost certainly zero
Q2: I would describe my spiritual position thus:
- I have absolute and unshakable faith in the existence of a deity (or multiple deities), to whom all of humanity is completely subject; I trust that he knows what he’s doing in this instance.
- I believe there is more to the universe than meets the eye, and suspect that there is some higher purpose in the human condition than the acquisition of smartphones.
- I’m not really interested in hypothetical questions about stuff we can’t see, or which lies beyond the limits of knowledge.
- I don’t believe in orbiting teapots.
Q3: Regarding the existence of an immortal soul:
- We all have one, and it continues to exist when our bodies are finished with.
- It’s possible that such a thing exists.
- I’m not sure and I don’t really care.
Feel free to add “none of the above”!