Death On Two Wheels

[quote=“B.B.”][quote=“Rascal”]The MRT reaches most hot-spots and you can jump on a bus for free for one zone after that using the EasyCard (reloadable).
[/quote]

There is no free bus ride anymore. Using the EasyCard to take MRT, you pay half the bus fare both before and after the MRT ride. So if you only take a one-way bus after the MRT ride, now you pay more than you did before the new policy, which took effect since July, I think.[/quote]I paid attention this morning, and my MRT trip was $16NT, and the following bus ride was free. Maybe they will change it after the stored cards have expired ?

Hm, thank you. I read about the new policy in the newspapers a few months ago, and thought it had already changed it by now. Not yet, the free bus transfer policy is still the same. Sorry for the wrong information ealier.

Why not explore Taipei by bycicle? You can get quite cheap second hand bikes and hey…nobody really steals a crappy old, second hand bike from you…
but be careful, i have a friend who after riding his bike for half a year started to spit blood…i “only” had a serious caugh after a year and it took several weeks back home in clean-air-country to get rid of it.

[quote]Why not explore Taipei by bycicle? …

I have a friend who after riding his bike for half a year started to spit blood…[/quote]
Answered your own question there.

well…i didn’t mean to scare u off, i just ment, that you might wanna use one of those cute facial masks when riding a scooter or bike…

Excellent evidence-based safety tips here;
cs.wisc.edu/~john/vfr/hurt.html