Death

There is this terribly persistant problem. People die. Does anyone know a good physician or a way to prevent it?

Can’t help you but here’s some advice: Live well, and love hard, and death won’t sting so much… :beatnik:

Ask this chap

I have heard rumours of a cult that believes in life AFTER death, in fact I think they celebrate one of their holidays soon, but I wouldn’t pay too much attention to those old bastards, because they also believe that Georgie Bush is their messenger and that the world was created in seven days. Ha! more like a long pissed-up weekend if you ask me. :loco:

Death comes to them who wait long enough, I’ve been told.

I want to add “Taxes,” since I have no other comment on the subject.

However, a Buddhist once told me it would be unnatural if one never died. But prior to that comment she mentioned I would be reincarnated as a roach in my next life. :astonished:

There is research going on to proove that 10 beers a day might keep death away :laughing: :smiley:

Death is a part of life. Learn to live with it.

Study Says Death Does Not Take A Holiday

i’ve been preparing to die since my mentor and friend checked out two years ago. it was then that my mortality seemed to stare me in the face.
you know i was thinking just today: life is so short it’s almost a joke. you grow up and then you’re on the way down almost as soon as you got there. the age curve is like this:
0 ^ 70~

i’ve been reading that in the near future it might be:
35--------------75
0/ \

If you have somebody cut off your head and keep in in liquid nitrogen (make sure they don’t trip over the plug and accidentally thaw you), then maybe someday they can take your brain and put it into…well, something.

Think about it–one moment you’re burning in hell, the next, poof! You’re in the body of a clone, or a robot, or an ape, or something like that.

i ain’t gonna die. i am immortal. science confirms such. energy cannot be destroyed but rather transformed. someday my meat will feed other organisms etcetera…i am gonna be livin in myriad forms for a good long time. perhaps in my next life i am a maggot. so what? with any luck i’ll be flying under the power of my own wings before the turn of the century.

“life” and “death” are perhaps pre-scientific terms that need recalibration. life does not begin at birth. nor does life begin at conception. life has been going on, uninterrupted for millions of years. our meat is but the vehicle. enjoy the ride.

yeah, i’ll have no recollection of being skeptic yank. so what? who wants to carry around all that baggage from past lives? as long as we can all get where we are going everything’ll be alright.

love life, love each other, love your surroundings.

I asked my cerebral quantum structure to keep up its integrity after death. Then I can scare my widow and pay back for the years I had to smell and listen to scooters…

Do not stand by my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush,
I am the sudden uplifting rush,
Of quiet birds in circled flight,
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

My buddy in college:

Yeah, for quite a long time now I’ve figured that death is a big part of life. We spend a lot longer time being dead than we spend being alive.

Life is fragile. Death is enduring and resilient.

Merry Christmas!

It’s inconvenient.

inconvenient? it’s a real PITA

Well, I don’t know about that.

Death is the ultimate excuse.

Death excuses you from and relieves you of all obligations and responsibilities. Such an excuse would be extremely convenient, IMO.

Sorry, I will not be able to pay off my debts. I’m dead.

I will not be able to go to work today. I’m dead.

Sort of like a really great “get out of jail” card.

We shouldn’t look at death as an entirely negative thing.

“Such a long long time to be gone
and a short time to be there.”

“Box of Rain” – Grateful Dead - Words by Robert Hunter; music by Phil Lesh