Debate of the Millennium

Not to the same degree as the US. Not even close and not even Canada.

Are you saying that it’s not a problem for #2 in your list? That because they’re number 2 then ipso facto no problem in Canada? Every country on your list has an opioid problem, and that there is a ranking doesn’t make the problem somehow disappear for Greece.

Good lord. Do all lawyers in Britain have similar critical thinking skills?

A much SMALLER problem in other countries, if you prefer phrasing it that way.

I prefer saying it’s a first world problem. As your chart shows, it’s accurate.

Except it’s clearly far worse in America than in other countries.

Irrelevant, however, to my original point.

Have any of you guys ever been to Hull?

Nice town?

Yes, if you’re a junkie.

Clearly you are not in the US.
The “hot job market” depends on where you are, and what you feel is a “hot job”. If you’re not in the right place, forget it. And there aren’t very many “right places” compared to how many places there are in the US.

1 Like

The national unemployment rate currently is 3.7%, which means the US is (statistically) beyond full employment. That’s about as good as it gets, frankly. There are more “right places” being created every day.

Most job prospects are centered around tech, but that is not unusual in the US. While being a teacher is really only valued remuneration-wise on the East coast and in spots on the West coast, that, too, is not unusual.

My area is white hot. I may be back in the US by the start of 2019. There is a LOT of money to be made there now, and it appears 2019 will be no different.

Taiwan’s unemployment rate is also 3.7%. Unemployment rate is a very poor parameter on examining how well the economy is doing unless it’s sky high like in Southern Europe.

:+1:

my first thought, too.
are the problem-solving skills of the new-gen of newbies lacking, or is there something the OP not mentioning about his potential future in-laws?

3 Likes

Well, if you can’t solve it by googling it then what’s there to do?

So, are the information-picking up skills of the new-gen of newbies lacking?

File this under, “Why do all these bitter, old white people shit all over new people when they are looking for answers to their questions?”

It’s also a problem in 2nd and 3rd world countries, just not as widely reported in the 1st world as 1st world problems are.

@Gain, is that chart for legal opioids? I realize there’s a connection, but I’m not sure that’s the best metric.

I’m guessing so. Russia is up there with heroin use. They also use that nasty krokodil/desomorphine

no. file that under normal people back in early/late 1990s had no Internet and thus used their brains to solve practical societal problems.

1 Like

1 Like