Debating on riding a scooter?

Just read taiwan has about 400 thousand Vehicle accidents a year causing death and injury

That is a lot
Something I would be concerned about

1 Like

You can rent a Wemo scooter by downloading the APP. They are like 50cc engines like Gogoro and work just like O-bikes scattered throughout the city. Only a few NT a min. See how it feels before buying, ride somewhere safe near a park or riverside.

I have a scooter but sometime I rent these Wemos cause they’re cheap, readily available and honestly funner to ride than my Yamaha Cygnus 125. Now I can see why people buy Gogoros

1 Like

Those things are tiny and @Andrew0409 would definitely not fit on one of those. However, I would like to see him ride one. It’d be a funny image.

If you saw him in traffic from your car, you’d probably think he was on a skateboard. :sunglasses:

Really? I guess that’s one reason I don’t see many bigger bikes around. Even 250cc is like a kids toy.

I saw a pretty tall foreigner dude yesterday on Minsheng…on a New Cygnus X. With his knees up to his chest…he did not look very comfortable.

There’s certain roads in the mtn areas where the big(er) bikes all flock to. Coincidentally, most of the time it’s the same roads we cyclist ride.

Honestly I would feel scared as hell riding it. Maybe I need to ask a friend to give it a spin around the block or in some parking lot before I decide. The last time I rode…my scooter ran into the wall as I jumped off because I freaked and kept giving it gas while braking.

Maybe you’re better suited for testing with a 50cc.

No matter how hard you pull on the gas, that shiz ain’t going nowhere. Especially with your weight on it.

DON’T DO IT.

Guy

1 Like

Scooters are pure freedom…but freedom doesn’t come free.

1 Like

@Andrew0409 are you more afraid of road conditions or not feeling familiar with operating a scooter?

If it’s unfamiliarity with the scooter, how about an electric bike like this: http://www.giantcyclingworld.com/bike_brand.php?id=20197869

No license is needed to operate one of these right?

No, just loss of man card.

4 Likes

Ignore these Nervous Nellies.
Besides, everyone has at least one crash when they’re learning. Extra points if you take out a fruit stand like in a James Bond movie.

Seriously, have you seen the people who drive scooters in Taipei?
It ain’t exactly piloting the friggin Space Shuttle, bru…

2 Likes

I have a giant E-Bike its incredibly fun to ride. You can cut across Taipei on these just as fast as a scooter due to stop lights or even faster along the riversides.

Man, those things are more expensive than scooters!

I got the older generation from 2013 it was 35k and I put it so many miles around Taipei on it. The riverside parks are the nicest parts of Taipei really gorgeous green scenery. I can often ride from Neihu to Dansuei on 2 batteries without pedaling. The newer bikes are way nicer and go double the range. Theres a couple bicycle cafes along the ride

I’ve ridden one of those going uphill and it’s like…I’m cheating life.

Safe to say that they aren’t conventional for anyone who lives in an old 5 story walk up.

1 Like

Now the listed prices are NT$ 88,000 to 158,000. I can buy a frikkin car for that price!

I know right! I can’t believe the amount of money people spend on a bike.

It’s just a bike for crying out loud.

And in the U.S., they sell for US$ 3-5 thousand. You can get a used Harley for that price. I wonder which has more power? That’s just insane.