Decaffeinated coffee beans

Hi Everyone,

would anybody of you know of a shop / store / grocery chain that sells decaffeinated coffee beans? It’s quite frustrating looking for one.

thanks!

1 Like

Starbucks? Wellcome? Carrefour?

Starbucks, they sell it by the cup, i’m looking for a coffee bean which i can grind on my own at home
Wellcome, i have never been there, but i doubt they have - pxmart is bigger than wellcome but they don’t carry decaf beans as well
Carrefour, been there, none
Costco, I don’t see any decaf coffee either
it’s quite a bummer

I drink 20 cups a day of the normal stuff . Never did me any harm :joy:

3 Likes

good for you! now back to the topic

4 Likes

DIY decaffeinating … or not?

"Caffeine is extremely soluble in boiling water, so a common trick is to run your coffeemaker and discard the first cup that comes out. This will have most of the caffeine in it.

I suspect that this first cup also has most of the flavor, so you’ll want to use more coffee grounds to get the same coffee taste with less caffeine. (I haven’t tried this method, as I see no reason to remove caffeine)."

You can easily decaffeinate the beans yourself. Buy raw beans and use a solvent to remove the caffeine. Benzene, methylene chloride or ethyl acetate all work well. Let the beans dry and roast them to your preferred level.

Oh sure that sounds easy enough :sweat_smile:

Me neither. Why drink coffee if not for caffeine?
And why remove caffeine at all?
(Serious questions)

1 Like

Some people like the taste of coffee without the caffeine!

2 Likes

It tastes different without the caffeine? :thinking:

1 Like

Same great taste, no caffeine!

That’s like saying, “Same great cocaine taste, no euphoria!”

4 Likes

Some people just like the way cocaine smells.

4 Likes

Good point…totally forgot about that, ha.

1 Like

Decaf is like nicotine patches, a temporary fix to get you off the juice. No one ever drinks it for very long…

You know what would be cool? Drinking decaf with a nicotine patch on.

1 Like

I don’t know, it seems to have a certain popularity. Not here though.

1 Like

So you can sleep at night? So you don’t get splitting headaches when you don’t drink coffee?

1 Like

I asked where i can buy decaf coffee beans and here you are discussing that there’s no reason to decaffeinate coffee… Perhaps you’ve got so much time in your day to debate on things, i suggest you need a second day job.

2 Likes