Decathlon Sporting Goods Megastores Taiwan

Does Taichung Decathlon require joining or membership?

Edit: Called them. Membership is required but it’s free. Walk in and sign up.

DECATHLON 迪卡儂 台中南屯店

Decathlon is not a membership required store.

It’s location dependent. Chiayi for example is a membership required store. There are computers near the door to sign up and if you go to the checkout they will require you to go over and sign up before yoy can buy.

and I heard some others in the South are too so that’s why I wonder about Taichung.

DECATHLON 迪卡儂 嘉義店

1 Like

Didn’t know that.

I’m surprised! none of the Taipei stores require membership

I was in the Taichung (Nantun) store a couple of weeks ago, did not require membership. Maybe a recent change?

Did you buy anything?

It’s open to enter but can’t buy anything without a membership. Anyway that’s what they told us when we called them today.

1 Like

I bought something, but I already have a membership so I didn’t notice it was a requirement. I suppose that’s why they changed the checkout area…again. Now it’s full of the self-check machines if I’m remembering correctly.

1 Like

Inquiry about Decathlon online shopping: do they have periodic site-wide discounts, or days when you get more in the way of coupons, or something like that?

I’ve got a couple of dumbbells in my shopping cart, no rush, but I’m wondering if there’s a reason to wait for a better day to buy or if I should just get them now while they’re in stock.

I get far too many emails from them that I don’t usually bother to figure out, but as far as I can tell they’re always about sales on very specific items.

1 Like