Decent liquor selection in Taichung?

I just moved to Taichung from Tainan and am having a hard time finding a store with a decent selection of liquor. I have tried Tesco and Carrefour as well as the supermarkets in the department stores. Are there any liquor stores in the city? It seems there would have to be.
thanks,

not quite desperate… yet :slight_smile:

[quote=“JMcNeill”]I just moved to Taichung from Tainan and am having a hard time finding a store with a decent selection of liquor. I have tried Tesco and Carrefour as well as the supermarkets in the department stores. Are there any liquor stores in the city? It seems there would have to be.
thanks,

not quite desperate… yet :slight_smile:[/quote]

7-11 carries 12 yr old MacAllen whisky

Are there liquor stores in Taiwan? I want a wider selection…

Yes, they are everywhere, but most of them dont have a nice selection. There is one close to my house in Taoyuan, actually Neili that has everything your liver would desire, even things like jagermeister, Southern Comfort, and Makers Mark. The only thing I am having a hard time finding here is Wild Turkey (that is what a good friend drinks, so I’m always looking for it.)

Your location shows Taizhong (Taichung) so I have merged your thread with a similar one for that location.

If you are interested in selections in Taibei please see this thread.

Bumping an old thread, in case anyone has info.

There are some goodies at Jason’s in Chung Yo Department Store. The selection is small, but they have some things that Carrefour doesn’t.

Try the shop north of the MeiTsuen/XiangSheng intersection (West District), on the west side of the street. It’s near the big KTV on the corner. They seem to have a wide selection of whisky and hard alcohol.

Do you mean this one?

maps.google.com/maps?q=Taichung+ … 2,315,0,0

Yes.

Tried ‘Drinks’?

[quote]Zhonggang branch

04-2202-0287

04-2202-2432

1F., No.135, Wuquan Rd., West Dist., Taichung City 403, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Wenxin branch

04-2242-3436

04-2242-3432

1F., No.889, Sec. 4, Wenxin Rd., Beitun Dist., Taichung City 406, Taiwan (R.O.C.)[/quote]