Decent rain suits?

Well, I took my old rain gear back to the store and they sent it back to the factory to have it checked. The store got back to me last night and said they’ll replace it. Like I said before, my wife’s Polar Star suit is still fine, so maybe mine was defective. Wish I would’ve done that 6 months ago. :aiyo:

However, in the time that took to get resolved I needed new rain gear. I ended up buying Red Ledge, so we’ll see how that goes in the next few months.

I have seen a decdnt looking rain suit (jacket+pants) at the big outdoors gear shop on Zhongshan North Rd (Sec. 1, n. 27) two days ago. Sells for 2000 ntd and feels sturdy enough to last for a while. Looks good too. Light years away from the saggy raincoats people usually wear when riding scooters in the rain. You’ll find it on the second floor, for some reason close to the camping gas stoves.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Well, the Red Ledge raincoat is pretty good, however the pants aren’t good in heavy rain. They leak either in the seam or the zipper, so I’m back to looking for pants. Are there any decent pants that aren’t Gore-Tex? I may go that route, but I’d like something cheaper.

I have North Face and it has been good, though I was hiking not riding a scooter in down pouring rain. It’s got zippers on legs so it’s wear-friendly. Mine could be pulled back into its own pocket and zipped up. Easy to store in your scooter seat compartment.

I think riding would be a slightly different application. I believe my rain pants would be fine for hiking, too. When riding on a scooter or motorcycle, it seems water runs down the jacket and pools around the pants because of the seat and the sitting position. That’s what seems to be leaking through either the seams or the zipper, I’m not sure which.

I’m selling military grade SAF gore tex jackets , mine lasted me 3 typhoons and at least 10 downpours and still going strong…

if anyone wants one pls PM :slight_smile:

Well, I bought a different pair of rain pants, this time without a fly. They’re made by Sprayway (1500TWD).

My Red Ledge jacket is doing just fine, so no problems there. The pants are fine, too, except what I think is rain leaking past the zipper on the fly. The material on these is great! However, I noticed something on the ride home in the rain (while wearing my new pants). The drawstrings on the bottom of my jacket were tightened a little, making the bottom of my jacket curl in. That may have been channeling water down my jacket and onto my pants. Still, I think a fly on rain pants is a weak point for motorcycle riding.

I got a Marmot jacket in Taiwan because it had a lot of vents which I thought might reduce that boiled-in-the-bag feeling, but I lost it before I could give it a proper test. Now on holiday in Australia and in the market for a replacement. Can’t find the Marmot but I like the look (and price) of the Ridgeline (New Zealand) Mallard Jacket.

Anyone any experience of them? Range seems targeted at hunters, with “no rustle” material. Might be too hot for Taiwan.

Now I’m looking for some rain overboots. I have a cheap pair that I bought at a hardware store, but they’re ripping along the seam and by the zipper. Does anyone have any suggestions?

LoL just go to a helmet store, and pick up those 1,000NT 2-Piece sets and buy one of those little waterproof bags for your shoes. It works… I’ve driven in pouring rain on my Kymco Quannon, and that 2-piece manages. It feels like more like a cheap-jacket than actually some plastic trash-bag.