Deep blue anthem

[color=darkblue]Big jets keep on burnin’/Carry me home to my kin/Singing songs about the mainland/I miss Zhong Guo Da Lu once again/ And I think it’s a sin

Well I heard Mr. Chen sing about her/ Well, I heard ole -Ah- put her down/ Well, I hope Ah-Bian will remember/ A mainland man don’t need him around anyhow!

Sweet home mainland China/Where the skies are so blue/Sweet home mainland China/Lord I’m comin’ home to you

Near Tiananmen they love the chairman (boo hoo hoo)/Now we all did what we could do/Now 228 does not bother me/Does your conscience bother you?/Tell me true

Sweet home mainland China/Where the skies are so blue/Sweet home mainland China/Lord I’m comin’ home to you/Here I come mainland China!

Now Singapore has got the Lee Clan/And they’ve been known to cane a butt or two/Lord they get me off so much/They pick me up when I’m feelin’ blue/ Now how bout you?

Sweet home mainland China (Oh sweet home baby)!/Where the skies are so blue (And the chairman’s true)/Sweet home mainland China/Lord I’m comin’ home to you! [/color]

[quote=“v”][color=darkblue]Big jets keep on burnin’/Carry me home to my kin/Singing songs about the mainland/I miss Zhong Guo Da Lu once again/ And I think it’s a sin

[color=darkblue][/color][/quote]

Can we get Britney Spears to sing it? That’s be f*****s awesome!

I already appropriated a Britnney song in another post about the leaders of the CCP, so she might not like it if ‘oops, I did it again.’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for taking the time, to type out the anthem. Made me chuckle. Can you please make a video of some guy with an acoustic guitar and put it on Youtube.com and maybe circulate it around to the Media and the Taiwan BBS and web forums.

Personally, I like the rendition. I happen to dig both Skynard and SMB. Maybe there’s hope for you after all.

You forgot the chorus, though:

Big ol’ jet airliner
Don’t carry me too far away
Oh big ol’ jet airliner
Cause it’s here that I’ve got to stay.

Hobart, I will anoint you as head of making a video using these lyrics because that is not my ‘forte’. Also, Hobart, I sent you a PM a while ago about recommending an up to date book about the democratization process on Taiwan- if you know of a good one, post it here, Kay? CCT, I was thinking of you when I put in the little nugget about Singapore. If you get me mad again, I’m gonna paroty (I mean parody) another song about u!! Tell me what type of music you usually listen to, and I will have one waiting just in case
:smiling_imp: :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know if there’s a really “up to date” book out there. It was only a few weeks ago, after all, that Shih Ming-teh was a “democracy hero” (in your own words). Now we find out he’s been a womanizing, cowardly, incompetent, (probable drunk), and political mercenary for the past 3 decades.

well, he does have a lot of skeletons in the closet…

CCT, you called me a regurgitating parrot but you still want to post to me about political issues (ie Shih Ming-Teh)? Why do you want to engage me like that if I have nothing to contribute? Bored again? I feel for you. I will agree to talk to you about cultural issues including, but not limited to, dance, music, and poetry. Which reminds me, you didn’t give me a song selection yet as I requested you do a couple of posts ago. Since you are mute on this subject, I will have to depend on my own good taste. Do you know the London Bridge song by Fergie Ferg?