Defacto Australian ambassador's dog

This has been in the local news last week, and it was on the front of the Sydney Morning Herald’s website this morning:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/australias-reputation-goes-to-the-dogs-20130826-2smc4.html

Doesn’t exactly paint the defacto ambassador in the best light…

Gee, what an arsehole. :thumbsdown:

I already new about this, but I’m glad it made it into an Australian news source.

Really? But did you know it FIRST? :laughing: :laughing:

Where is this news? There’s a puppy and money and a foreigner = its news in Taiwan.
The ambassador is a nice guy. Good deeds or not, the Veterinarian (nice word) seems to have swindled out some money.
People working “charity” aren’t always saints…

[quote=“engerim”]
The ambassador is a nice guy. [/quote]

Definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed though, and suing the guy who nursed your dog back to health, instead of killing it over a handful of loose change hardly gives people the impression he’s a “nice” guy. :roflmao:

Theres one here. Australia’s international reputation takes a hit after dispute between diplomat Kevin Magee and a vet in Taiwan

The Australian Ambassador may hate and treat dogs with distain. But don’t underestimate the affinity many have for dogs and the lengths they will go to demonstrate outrage.

Really? But did you know it FIRST? :laughing: :laughing:

Where is this news? There’s a puppy and money and a foreigner = its news in Taiwan.
The ambassador is a nice guy. Good deeds or not, the Veterinarian (nice word) seems to have swindled out some money.
People working “charity” aren’t always saints…[/quote]

Realy? he used the money for the dog dimwit.

Hes a saint, the ambassador is pathetic.

Really? I wouldn’t call using the ambassador’s money (and some of his OWN money) to treat the dog “swindling”.

I have a question regarding the legality ofvsending his Filipina maid tobdo the deed. I mean, you guys remember the scandal -that actually turned into a series of embarrassing moments- for local celebrities, starting with a tv host, when her maid that was assigned to tsking care of the mother was shown as also taking care of the dogvto the extent the hostcdid not know whether it shed or not? I mean, there is a fine -ocassionally enforced- and the probability of losing your maid if she is caught, say, doing the shopping if she is assigned -exclusively- to say babysitting. It is bad enough that he would fight over 8k with his salary, over a dog he inherited and would not care about, while overextending one of his most coveted privileges: cheap home labor.

I say we all pitch in and pay him the 8k in one NT coins. Deal?

[quote=“Icon”]I have a question regarding the legality ofvsending his Filipina maid tobdo the deed. I mean, you guys remember the scandal -that actually turned into a series of embarrassing moments- for local celebrities, starting with a tv host, when her maid that was assigned to tsking care of the mother was shown as also taking care of the dogvto the extent the hostcdid not know whether it shed or not? I mean, there is a fine -ocassionally enforced- and the probability of losing your maid if she is caught, say, doing the shopping if she is assigned -exclusively- to say babysitting. It is bad enough that he would fight over 8k with his salary, over a dog he inherited and would not care about, while overextending one of his most coveted privileges: cheap home labor.

I say we all pitch in and pay him the 8k in one NT coins. Deal?[/quote]

Good point. Why does he even have a Filipino maid? I thought they were supposed to be for old/incapacitated people only. Please correct me if I’m wrong (I could well be).

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“Icon”]I have a question regarding the legality ofvsending his Filipina maid tobdo the deed. I mean, you guys remember the scandal -that actually turned into a series of embarrassing moments- for local celebrities, starting with a tv host, when her maid that was assigned to tsking care of the mother was shown as also taking care of the dogvto the extent the hostcdid not know whether it shed or not? I mean, there is a fine -ocassionally enforced- and the probability of losing your maid if she is caught, say, doing the shopping if she is assigned -exclusively- to say babysitting. It is bad enough that he would fight over 8k with his salary, over a dog he inherited and would not care about, while overextending one of his most coveted privileges: cheap home labor.

Good point. Why does he even have a Filipino maid? I thought they were supposed to be for old/incapacitated people only. Please correct me if I’m wrong (I could well be).[/quote]

Good question. There might be a story for Icon right there. :laughing: I’m an Australian citizen and I’m trying to contact the Australian Office to ask them this but they don’t even do email! :raspberry:

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“Icon”]I have a question regarding the legality ofvsending his Filipina maid tobdo the deed. I mean, you guys remember the scandal -that actually turned into a series of embarrassing moments- for local celebrities, starting with a tv host, when her maid that was assigned to tsking care of the mother was shown as also taking care of the dogvto the extent the hostcdid not know whether it shed or not? I mean, there is a fine -ocassionally enforced- and the probability of losing your maid if she is caught, say, doing the shopping if she is assigned -exclusively- to say babysitting. It is bad enough that he would fight over 8k with his salary, over a dog he inherited and would not care about, while overextending one of his most coveted privileges: cheap home labor.

Good point. Why does he even have a Filipino maid? I thought they were supposed to be for old/incapacitated people only. Please correct me if I’m wrong (I could well be).[/quote]

Foreign CEOs are eligible too.

Highly-paid foreign nationals are allowed to hire domestic workers. Source.

Very interesting, thanks.

I see, so swindling money away from richer people isn’t swindling. Anyhow its another cute taiwan news case

Here’s some shit the bible says:

[quote]Psalm 41:2-3
The LORD will protect him and preserve his life; he will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes. The LORD will sustain him on his sickbed and restore him from his bed of illness.[/quote]

If this is hard for you to understand, I’ll interpret. The ‘him’ is referring to the poor little malnourished doggy. The ‘his foes’ are any worthless Australian diplomat. This is, of course, from the bible and the word of God. Questioning God’s words is tantamount to blasphemy, so unless you want to spend eternity burning in a torturous hell-fire, know that: poor little do is ‘saved’ and Australian faux-consulate is ‘Hell-Bound Douche Bag’. Amen.

T

very interesting.

I’m confused.

Why does the Australian ambassador need a de facto dog?

[quote=“urodacus”]I’m confused.

Why does the Australian ambassador need a de facto dog?[/quote]

The law makes no provision for highly-paid foreign workers to have dogs, so on paper Benji is a domestic worker.

The title of “dog” entails a lot more respect than the poor creature has received.

You’re right. The ambassador paid for a death and didn’t receive it. He was totally cheated.