Delete

delete

Sorry, your getting oil on dry food? Sounds dodgy.

Maybe stick it outside somewhere where the neighbourhood cats can’t get it? Buy another brand…

The omega oils that go in the food have become rancid and separated from the food. They’ve gone from being something essential to your dog’s health (essential fatty acids) to something that will contribute to obesity and clogged arteries.

Omega oils should always be kept in sealed containers, and in cool, dark places.

[quote=“Stray Dog”]The omega oils that go in the food have become rancid and separated from the food. They’ve gone from being something essential to your dog’s health (essential fatty acids) to something that will contribute to obesity and clogged arteries.

Omega oils should always be kept in sealed containers, and in cool, dark places.[/quote]

Quite the connoisseur, Stray Dog!

Never touch the stuff myself. Wouldn’t feed it to a human!

Yes, cool places, but not in the fridge!

Keep the stuff in an air-tight container -best if it is one of those with a vaccum pump. The weather here is really deadly for that kind of stuff. It has to be kept in a dark place -light speeds degradation, and then you have what Stray Dog describes.

It will get hotter. Now it is just the beggining. You may want to think what you’ll do to keep the doggie cool, not just his food. A small ventilator -ice box combo (ice melts and it cools the air down) with a timer, or a ceiling fan might help. But if your room has no natural air circulation YOU will be in deep trouble.

As to the kibble, in general, avoid food that states that the first three ingresidentes are fillers -grains, ashes, etc… And yes, follow the rule of thumb for food and water: don’t give doggie what yoiu would not eat yourself!

Cat food, now, there’s a better class of spam substitute, or dry fish-flavoured biscuits. I can still remember the taste from my days as a six year old quite well.

It might sound stupid, but why not keep it in a fridge? as long as it’s well sealed, so the smell does not get out. Fridge doors are also pretty effective barriers to cockroaches. Less room for your own food, of course, but that’s the price of keeping a dog.

Humidity in the fridge also leads to degradation…

(plus the cold makes it less palatable than it already is)

you might find that many fridges are actually really super dry inside, particularly the frost-free ones.

But hey, i eat my dog food, before it goes off.

delete

Trust NO brands of dry food. Brand-name and local dry foods alike have been responsible for the deaths of thousands of dogs.

Consider feeding a natural diet; you’ll never look back.

Why did you title this thread ‘My dog feels like there are oils’?

It doesn’t make sense in Chinese or English. Would you go to a Chinese website and say ‘Wo de gou jue yo yo’? It doesn’t make sense.

Just curious.

[quote=“Charlie Phillips”]Why did you title this thread ‘My dog feels like there are oils’?

It doesn’t make sense in Chinese or English. Would you go to a Chinese website and say ‘Wo de gou jue yo yo’? It doesn’t make sense.

Just curious.[/quote]

It was a cunning plan to pique our curiosity and it worked. I couldn’t help imagining some crystal ball like quality… (picture a gypsy massaging a cocker spaniel: “My dog feels like their are oils . . . you will meet a tall dark stranger”).