Deleted post?

What happened to Mordeth’s post? The one with the road accident that he posted yesterday…

I can’t seem to find it…If it was deleted by a mod…could whoever this mod is do a better job of at least A) locking the thread or B) making a post and stating why it has been removed…

It’s happened more than once that I’ve come on forumosa to find a certain thread to find it missing…sometimes threads are merged with others, but no mention is made as to where to find them…

Cheers

Some mods are ‘über Lords’ … no need to do all of what you would like them to do … just kill or move a post … :wink:

The gore-fest? I removed the link, and since the link was the subject of the thread, temped the thread. You can find it here:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewforum.php?f=110

[quote=“Maoman”]The gore-fest? I removed the link, and since the link was the subject of the thread, temped the thread. You can find it here:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewforum.php?f=110[/quote]

Well, the vid became a top of conversation between a few coworkers, so we looked it up here…and it was gone…shouldn’t there be a “moved” sticky on such a thread?..

…and (politely speaking) did you remove the link due to personal opinion or is it a side policy? It may be gory…but I don’t think the intention of posting this was to ridicule one’s demise, but rather put in spotlight some reality that surrounds us everyday in Taiwan. I agree that a proper NSFW tag would have been more appropriate in the thread title…

There’s a fine line between moderation and censorship…(or administration for that matter)

Cheers

[quote=“Captain Stag”][quote=“Maoman”]The gore-fest? I removed the link, and since the link was the subject of the thread, temped the thread. You can find it here:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewforum.php?f=110[/quote]

Well, the vid became a top of conversation between a few coworkers, so we looked it up here…and it was gone…shouldn’t there be a “moved” sticky on such a thread?..

…and (politely speaking) did you remove the link due to personal opinion or is it a side policy? It may be gory…but I don’t think the intention of posting this was to ridicule one’s demise, but rather put in spotlight some reality that surrounds us everyday in Taiwan. I agree that a proper NSFW tag would have been more appropriate in the thread title…

There’s a fine line between moderation and censorship…(or administration for that matter)

Cheers[/quote]
Yeah, there are videos with violent images, but any images that are too graphic don’t need to be posted or linked to. We’re not www.rotten.com. No pink mist, please!

I made a topic yesterday about a trip to kenting in May… where is it? did the Mods deleted it? why would they do that if it was a friendly post?

[quote=“omerojs”]I made a topic yesterday about a trip to Kending in May… where is it? did the Mods deleted it? why would they do that if it was a friendly post?[/quote]It’s in the Events forum:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=69321

If you didn’t post it there, Maoman must have moved it. I don’t have a strong opinion either way, but Events seems as good a place as any. Anyway, I’m merging your second thread on the same topic in with that one, to keep things tidy.

If you lose one of your own posts/threads in future, click the OWN link at the top right of the page. That will show all threads with your own posts in, including ones that have been moved.

Thanks for the info !!
actually since this forum covers cars and motorcycles, i think its the best place to organize a motorcycle trip because the motorcycle owner will look at this forum to search for any motorcycle issue, like the TIS track days… those are meetings and events as well… but i wont look for them in the event area, i would look for them in the motorcycle section… this is my humble opinion…

[quote=“omerojs”]Thanks for the info !!
actually since this forum covers cars and motorcycles, I think its the best place to organize a motorcycle trip because the motorcycle owner will look at this forum to search for any motorcycle issue, like the TIS track days… those are meetings and events as well… but i wont look for them in the event area, I would look for them in the motorcycle section… this is my humble opinion…[/quote]I do see what you mean. It’s not a problem for me because I always use the NEW or 24 links to browse Forumosa, going to the main Cars & Motorcycles forum page itself just to pick up any posts I missed. But for someone who goes to the C&M page first, I can see it could be nice to have motorbike-related events in this forum too.

Only thing is, I think that events in the Events forum get automatically put on some kind of Forumosa calendar thing. Or if this doesn’t happen currently, at least there’s the potential to do that.

Anyway, I’ll have a chat about this with other moderators and admins and see what they think.

Thanks for your attention on the subject, its nice to have moderators that actually take care of this “small” issues to improve the forum !!

If there is a motorcycle-related event, I would almost certainly find out about it if posted here and almost certainly not if posted in Events. Just my 2p.

I would think the same, but it seems that the Mods dont… now i dont want to post any plan for any trip with bikers bcz i am afraid that it will be moved out of this section and i might end up going alone or with someone that i have never ever heard of…

Sorry guys, the error was mine - I was trying to get it a wider audience. The post in question was returned to this forum, and I will refrain from moving C&M related events to the Events Forum. My bad. :blush:

No need to apologize, thanks for your help and thanks for helping to keep the Forum more friendly !!!

Wondering why after one post about the Quannon, someone responded and told me that I should seach before I post and gave me a “tsk, tsk, tsk”. And then it was moved to the Temp Posts. I reposted my question after searching for the original Quannon thread and it generated a bit of discussion and is still on page one.

But I notice that there are 3 threads going on about the petrol price increase right now and all posted near each other on the board.

Sure petrol is more important than Quannons, but I am sure there must be another reason and I am wrong to say anything, like usual…

:doh:

Another reason? Sure there is. The mod is probably in class, having dinner or otherwise occupied. We don’t spend 24 hours a day watching the forums! I’m sure they’ll be merged or temped when he gets to a computer.

I don’t care if you have merged my post with the other one but it could have waited until the news was finished?

My post price of gas changing today at 12 (news event go buy if you didn’t know)

We are now back to gas price changing at the end of the month???

The post is now misinforming people.

:frowning:

True dat. Mod error, I guess. Prices go up in 50 minutes, mod, not at the end of the month.