Deleted

deleted

And what the hell is Lomography?

deleted

Actually, I just Googled. Looks fun. How much is this event, and how do us new kids score cameras?

deleted

deleted

This looks like fun. Do you need special film and can the film be developed in a “normal” photo processing place or does it need special equipment? How much do these cameras cost? Can you get ones that can go underwater?

They take standard 35mm film.

The mods you can do to these things is insane… wish i was in Taiwan - sounds awesome.

deleted

deleted

The underwater one, the FrogEye, is NT$2637, the SuperSampler is NT$1803, the ActionSampler is NT$1307.

Not bad, all things considered…

What the hell is Lomography?
I looked at the website, but I wish it would say in two or three sentences.
graphy - is from graphic, so I get that.
Lomo - perhaps from Lom

[quote=“Richardm”]What the hell is Lomography?
I looked at the website, but I wish it would say in two or three sentences.
graphy - is from graphic, so I get that.
Lomo - perhaps from Lom

TOGOGRAPHY!

deleted

deleted

lomography is the ultimate triumph of great marketing over what is basically a piece of shit product. point being the camera is deliberately low-tech to give dodgy results wherein lies the beauty of the scam; you pay extra for a poor quality finish (attention is diverted from this by having features such as time-delayed fly-eye lenses). which is not to say you can’t have fun with it but i’ve failed miserably so far to get any pics looking anything like the promo material!!

but who knows it could be a fun event; if any one wants a camera i have one gathering dust in my cupboard :slight_smile:

deleted

don’t get me wrong; fun is good, fun is good. i just haven’t had much fun with my lomo :wink: (then again i’m shit with cameras in general so maybe it’s just me) anyway with any luck i’ve already found a buyer for my mega-sophisticated lomoclunk and he should be taking it to your party. let’s hope he makes the cover of time with a genre busting prize pic. if so guess i’ll be eating humble pie to go with the sour grapes i’m currently chewing on!

What if I just want to use my GAF camera?