Deleting Posts

Why am I allowed to delete posts?

I have a little cross on the bottom right corner of posts which says ‘Delete’ when I mouse hover. I haven’t tried it so I don’t know if it actually works. I presume it’s a bug.

You should really sort it because I really can’t promise to hold off forever. Not while Mucha Man and Jaboney live and post.

I think it depends on the forum. There is some inconsistency :no-no:

[quote=“Buttercup”]Why am I allowed to delete posts?

I have a little cross on the bottom right corner of posts which says ‘Delete’ when I mouse hover. I haven’t tried it so I don’t know if it actually works. I presume it’s a bug.

You should really sort it because I really can’t promise to hold off forever. Not while Muzha Man and Jaboney live and post.[/quote]Does the button appear at the bottom of only your own posts, or other posters as well? I know that in some forums, if your post is the last one in the thread, you can delete it.

If it appears at the bottom of one of my posts, try it. See what happens.
And why pick on me??? :cry:

If it were put to a poll, I’d vote for no deleting of posts. I guess with the edit function the door is wide open anyway, but it would be nice if the record of the thread were kept intact for the most part and people weren’t deleting what they took the time to post.

Deleting posts is rubbish. I have, on many a drunken occasion, posted absolute nonsense that I have seen the next day and cringed before :blush: . What you say when you’re drunk is often the truest reflection of your persona. Less pretention and more balls. :cactus:

most of my posts get deleted or temped. :cactus:

No doubt. :smiley:

That’s what I thought. When you post when you’re really drunk, the real person shows through. Except the real person is also really drunk.

Dunno. I can’t really see any pattern to it: some posts have it, some don’t. I pressed it for Jaboney’s post and it didn’t disappear, although there is the X icon. Just didn’t do anything. I can delete my own.

I guess it’s not important if it’s only me, although I’m not sure how that would be possible. Dammit though, it would have been pretty funny to delete Maoman’s last 500 posts.

On deleting in general, I went through and deleted some person info after I realised it had fallen into the ‘wrong hands’. Good lesson, though: I don’t say anything personal anymore. My words belong to me. I don’t really drink, so I don’t drunk post. If anything, it’d improve my posting because I’d be mellow.