Democrats can’t distinguish objective facts from media narratives as well as Trump supporters

This is a very interesting study, and it shows the pernicious nature of current media and the general ignorance of the general American populace.

4 Likes

This is why I don’t debate certain people.

1 Like

Very interesting indeed, thanks for sharing.

I wonder if these kinds of quizzes might have some utility as a platform to bring Americans back to sharing the same facts, i.e., solving the “one screen, two movies” problem we now have.

There are people who can be swayed by new facts, but they tend not to be the vocal ones.

And if you come on too strong, they’ll tune you out. In a world dominated by bullshit, the smart ones grow suspicious.

2 Likes

I got 5 questions wrong. How did others do?

A ghost town here…

Wonder why certain posters aren’t showing up.

:thinking:

2 Likes

Perhaps they are occupied with intense research for a fair and balanced retort?

2 Likes

I got three wrong. Most of it was common sense, but I was a little surprised by the ones I got wrong.

There’s clearly an agenda behind the types of questions asked, but the survey does highlight how much people only believe facts that support their beliefs. The unquestioning acceptance of no bias in this survey here is another example.

3 Likes

I don’t think this sentence means what you think it means.

Regardless, any set of questions will have bias, and this is no different. No one covered themselves in glory in this survey, though, and the survey does a good job of highlighting where some weaknesses lie.

2 Likes

I changed it, but you beat me to it. lol

22/24

Missed the second because I misread “classroom” as “per capita,” missed the last one because I misread “household” as “per capita.” When I got to the end of the quiz, I wished I had slowed down a little.

1 Like

Googling the guy says enough.

4 Likes

Have you finally settled on title for this thread yet?

2 Likes

I decided. Someone whined so the mods changed it. I changed it so the meaning was closer to the original.

Did he conduct the survey? Was the sampling incorrect? Please enlighten us.

1 Like

Who are they? Ah, from Washington Times.
Just Facts , a small New Jersey firm of conservative and libertarian policy analysts”
So proper headline should be “Conservative Research Institute Finds Conservatives Are Cool.”

4 Likes

Irony explosion!

Trump supporters can’t distinguish objective sources from media narratives.

3 Likes

There should be more use of the words “narrative” and “trope” to lend extra authenticity. :+1:

3 Likes

Looks like it may not be so easy to bring our left back from the brink after all. Color me shocked. :grin:

It’s still got potential as a way to bring the US back into acknowledging a common set of facts, and the quiz is still a good one.