Dentist refusing treatment (small repair, too cheap)

I had an artificial front teeth done some years ago here in Taipei, but the dentist has moved away.
Now the damned thing has fallen out and only needs to be glued back. but the dentist I found close my home (we moved to Jhongli area) has plainly refused to do it (the front desk “lady”, some unfriendly frog-like being). “We don’t do such things” is what she said to my wife (in Chinese) and wife accepted it.
She said dentists can refuse such repairs, as they are not covered by the National Health insurance.

:smiley: I still want to look like this, so I guess it’s soon 7/11 and a tube of super glue. Thanks Taiwan.
Still looking for a merciful local dentist who is willing to do his job, even without getting rich on a new tooth.

Oh I have my Taiwan hate days, why doesn’t God wash away this sinful greedy little island into the sea, so the sharks can ruin their bellies on the detestable remains…

:raspberry:

Well, if NHI doesn’t cover it (I’m only assuming that’s the case, but you could presumably verify this), then why should the dentist provide services to you for free? He has to make a living too, right? Just ask the next dentist how whether NHI covers it, and if not, how much he would charge. If you don’t like the answer, ask the next one. There are dentists everywhere, here. My experience is that even when dentists charge for some items here, it rarely costs an arm and a leg. :idunno:

Maybe someone else in the Zhongli area can recommend a dentist with a less frog-like receptionist?

Yeah, don’t give up so easily.

I’m sure they were just being pretty rude. Just keep trying and agree on a price. Don’t superglue it :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: What I meant is to keep trying, but don’t go to the same Dentist.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Well, if NHI doesn’t cover it (I’m only assuming that’s the case, but you could presumably verify this), then why should the dentist provide services to you for free? He has to make a living too, right? Just ask the next dentist how whether NHI covers it, and if not, how much he would charge. If you don’t like the answer, ask the next one. There are dentists everywhere, here. My experience is that even when dentists charge for some items here, it rarely costs an arm and a leg. :idunno:

Maybe someone else in the Zhongli area can recommend a dentist with a less frog-like receptionist?[/quote]

Noooo, I want to pay of course. But not even then they wanted to do it. Not enough money in it wife said.

Yeah, will keep trying. Maybe offer them some extra money?

Hope I never have anything serious here. Negotiating with the doc over a bleeding belly ("see, that scooter steering stuck there is not a certified model, I have to refuse…) makes me scared…

Living near Zhongli, I can only tell you one thing:

If dentist A does not want your money, try dentist B, and so on.

Yes, the second dentist, having been recommended by my breakfast laoban, glued it back. He even charged on Health Insurance, so I only had to pay the 150NT.

Well, did I write something about God sweeping away this greedy island in my original post? Ah… should turn on the fan, getting a bit hot at times :smiley:

And I am not telling how I lost that tooth in the liquor factory and ending up searching the trash bin for it. Yuck… so much binlang in there…

And you wanted it back? Ewww!

:slight_smile:

Why does that guy have a frog in his reception anyways? Everyone knows that frogs don’t have teefuses.